Anne Rice to Serve as ThrillerMaster at 2013 ThrillerFest in NYC
New York City is once again the setting for Gotham noir as the International Thriller Writers (ITW) brings ThrillerFest VIII to town from July 10-13, 2013, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel to celebrate the "art of the thrill."
What exactly is ThrillerFest? It's a four-day celebration of thriller books, the authors who write them, and the fans who read them. Below are all the details you need if you plan to attend:
From the Press Release:
Spines are already tingling for the legendary Anne Rice (pictured above), Queen of the Gothic Thriller, who will make a rare appearance to serve as the 2013 ThrillerMaster. Rice is the author of 31 novels, including The Vampire Chronicles, Songs of the Seraphim, and the new Wolf Gift Chronicles.
New this year at ThrillerFest is FanFest, an opportunity for thriller writers to give back to their most loyal fans. These lucky readers will join such big-league talent as Joseph Finder, John Lescroart, M.J. Rose, Steve Berry, and R.L. Stine for a cocktail party that would impress even Nick and Nora Charles. The event will include a special kickoff book signing, gifts, and a chance to mix and mingle with their favorite authors.
Spotlight guests, who will add to the pulse-pounding excitement, include:
· Michael Connelly—Author of the number one New York Times bestsellers The Drop, The Fifth Witness, The Reversal, The Scarecrow, The Brass Verdict, and The Lincoln Lawyer as well as the Harry Bosch series. His most recent novel is The Black Box. A former newspaper reporter, Connelly has won numerous awards for his fiction.
· T. Jefferson Parker—One of only three two-time winners of the prestigious Edgar Award for Best Novel, Parker is the bestselling author of 20 novels including L.A. Outlaws, Storm Runners, and the award-winning Silent Joe and California Girl. His most recent novel is The Famous and the Dead.
· Michael Palmer—Famous for his bestselling medical and political suspense, Palmer’s most recent novel is Political Suicide. His book Extreme Measures became a film starring Gene Hackman. A physician, Palmer helps doctors with physical and mental illness as well as drug dependence and alcoholism.
· Silver Bullet Award Recipient Steve Berry—The New York Times and number one internationally bestselling author of The Jefferson Key, The Columbus Affair, soon-to-be-released The King’s Deception, and nine more novels, Berry will be honored for his philanthropic work on behalf of fellow writers and historic preservation.
· Corporate Silver Bullet Award Recipient USO—The USO will be honored for making Operation Thriller a reality. This past November marked the third USO Operation Thriller tour, which took Kathleen Antrim, Michael Connelly, Joseph Finder, Brad Meltzer, and Andy Harp to the Middle East to entertain the troops.
Event highlights include:
· Anne Rice, the 2013 ThrillerMaster, will be interviewed by her son, Christopher Rice, during a spotlight session.
· Author Daniel Palmer interviews his father, New York Times-bestselling novelist and ThrillerFest Spotlight guest Michael Palmer.
· Bestselling novelist MJ Rose interviews international bestselling author Steve Berry and Liz Berry about their non-profit History Matters. Steve is the 2013 ITW Silver Bullet Award recipient.
· A bestselling author of over 25 books, Jon Land interviews thriller superstar and Spotlight guest Michael Connelly.
· Award-winning author D.P. Lyle, MD, interviews T. Jefferson Parker, Spotlight guest and two-time winner of the Edgar Award for Best Novel.
The thrills continue with two of ThrillerFest’s most anticipated events: CraftFest, where the best authors in the business share secrets with fellow writers, and AgentFest, “speed-dating” with the top agents in publishing.
It all culminates with the 2013 ITW Thriller Awards Banquet, during which Steve Berry will receive the Silver Bullet Award and the awards for best novel, best debut novel, and best short story will be finally revealed -- a riveting climax to a sensational event.
The International Thriller Writers is an honorary society of more than 1,300 authors in 22 countries with more than three billion books in print. For more information and to make a reservation for the suspense-inspired four-day adventure, visit ThrillerFest.com.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Master your thrills in the comments section below!