Crystal Lake Memories Website Launches; Documentary Release Info Now Live

Crystal Lake Memories Website Launches; Documentary Release Info Now LiveGood news, Friday fans! The official Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th website has launched, and we have all the details you need to get primed and ready for the ultimate Friday the 13th documentary! Check it out!

With a running time of approximately seven hours, Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th explores each film -- from the seminal 1980 slasher hit to the 2009 reboot, including the hit syndicated television series -- in chronological order and promises to be the definitive retrospective on one of the most enduring horror franchises in motion picture history.

Writer/director Daniel Farrands says, "I'm very proud that my passion (and obsession) with all things Friday the 13th, which started when I was 12 years old, has finally come full circle. What started out as a pipe dream ten years ago when I first teamed up with Peter Bracke on his incredible book has taken on a whole new life with our companion documentary. I hope fans will be as thrilled as we are with this epic look back on the Friday the 13th series.

Thommy Hutson shares his sentiments about his journey with the project.

I am thrilled that the show has come together so beautifully,” says producer Thommy Hutson. “After a year of production, so many amazing, new interviews, and locating incredible materials, Crystal Lake Memories will absolutely be the embodiment of ‘definitive’ when it comes to telling the story of the Friday franchise, not to mention bringing Peter Bracke’s amazing book to life. We couldn’t be more excited to unleash this incredible history of Camp Crystal Lake, Jason, and all that has gone with them over the last 30 plus years.

There's just one little hitch. This monster-sized documentary will arrive on a region-free BLU-RAY ONLY! Sorry, DVD-philes. It's time to upgrade if you want the goodies. Plus, being that Blu-ray discs hold way more memory than your standard DVD, you won't have to be switching discs every couple of hours. That being said, pre-sale for the documentary will begin on July 8, 2013, for a August 27th release.

Keep your eyes on the newly launched Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th website for more info.

Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th

Celebrate everyone's favorite mama's boy in the comments section below!

James Coker's picture

Kiddcapone you realize that dreadcentral practically made Never Sleep again right? It was kasch,buz and creepy and they busted there ass making that documentary

Submitted by James Coker on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 10:30am.
kiddcapone's picture

And your point is ??? Nothing negates my opinion of the documentary. Half of it was very entertaining and the other half was superfluous runtime filler.

Are you suggesting that members of this site should be above an honest critique when they personally offer up honest critiques in the review section on a weekly basis?

Submitted by kiddcapone on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 12:21pm.
moderator For the record everything I

For the record everything I do sucks. Thanks!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 2:31pm.
kiddcapone's picture

That's not true, the Dinner for Fiends are pretty damn entertaining...

Submitted by kiddcapone on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 2:56pm.
kiddcapone's picture

Really? 7 hours. This is the personification of overkill. Look, I love me some Friday the 13th. Hell, I love me some Nightmare on Elm St. But how many hours can one person, even the most devout fan, dedicate to watching a bunch of interviews from insignificant unemployed actors talking about trifling anecdotal tidbits of behind the scenes bullshit.

Around the 4 hour mark, Never Sleep Again became an endurance test to withstand. I heard the same boring stories told so many times by different people that it just became unbearable white noise of garbage. It needed a new title, because half way through, I couldn’t keep my fucking eyes open…

Submitted by kiddcapone on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 10:20am.

As long as it's entertaining I don't care how long a movie or documentary is. If the documentary keeps me laughing and amused, seven hours will be a cake walk. And I loved Never Sleep Again. I watch it every year. I am a huge F13 fanatic, so I will make good use of this upcoming documentary.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 05/20/2013 - 8:56pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

I'd take a 14 hour documentary on the F13 series to be perfectly honest.

I see it like this: a lot of fans (myself included) have been hounding Paramount for DECADES to do something special with this series. A few years ago, they listened (sort of), but the special features produced for those "deluxe editions" were a bit uneven (meaning some discs were better than others).

A 7 hour documentary for 12 films doesn't feel like overkill to me. With the sheer level of participants who were interviewed for this movie, I would prefer to give them some breathing room to tell their stories, rather than suffer another HIS NAME WAS JASON debacle.

But I'm one of those people who thirsts for every. little. nugget. of information for movies I love, so this is right in my wheelhouse. Guess it won't be for everyone, but I have a really hard time thinking the vast majority of F13 fans will mind in the slightest.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 10:42pm.

Don't buy the documentary then if the last one bored you. I happen to like anecdotes that pertain to behind the scenes bullshit. I guess I'm just simple-minded.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 2:09pm.
kiddcapone's picture

I'm not buying it, but thanks for the suggestion.

Simple-minded? Maybe a little in need of a life, but not simple-minded.

While I certainly enjoy my share of behind-the-scenes stories, there comes a time when listening to the 8th alternate version of the same shit told by some unemployed actor that played Deputy #3 in 8 seconds of a throwaway scene that ceases to be entertaining. I dunno, call me crazy...

Submitted by kiddcapone on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 2:54pm.

You're assuming that every Friday fan shares the same level of knowledge as you. I don't think the documentary was developed on that basis.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Wed, 05/15/2013 - 4:29pm.
Sweet!

Sweet!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Tue, 05/14/2013 - 11:32pm.
I came.
Matt Serafini's picture

I came.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 05/14/2013 - 10:02pm.

Can't fucking wait.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 05/14/2013 - 10:01pm.