Ghostbusters III Gets New Writers. Fans Get More False Hope.

Yep. It's that time of week again. For those who are not playing along anymore and have given up (yeah, we're with you), it's time to get your hopes up yet again. Only to have them dashed again. Probably by Bill Murray. Read on for the latest Ghostbusters III non-news!

In an interview with ABC News an unnamed talent has been attached to rewrite the film. This comes straight from Dan Aykroyd, who told ABC, “[There's a] new writing staff working on it now. It’s got to be perfect. That’s the whole thing. There’s no point in doing it unless it’s perfect.

Well at least they're striving for perfection right? Please... just stop already. More, and you know there will be more, soon.

Ghostbusters III Gets New Writers. Fans Get More False Hope.

Feel good in the comments section below!

Source: ABC News

I'll take who gives a fuck? for a 100, Alex.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 07/04/2012 - 12:15am.

If you're interested, this is a video letter to Dan Aykroyd: http://youtu.be/U6eW4t9NIR0

Submitted by PelusaMG on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 11:14pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Is that you?

ugh I have to verify me again....jesus c'mon. I'm one of the few originals left here goddamn it.

Okay..u...p..y..v...a..

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 11:39pm.
MagusMaleficus's picture

I'm fine with the video game being the official Ghostbusters 3 and leaving it at that. The new IDW comics are doing a decent job of carrying on the storyline from there... Let this shit die already.

Submitted by MagusMaleficus on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 2:20pm.

Dan Aykroyd is doing his reputation a great disservice by prolonging this Ghostbusters III nonsense.
I think he does it intentionally to fail, just to have an alternate source of PR for his vodka.
Why would he hold so firmly to a progect that depends so much on the participation of just one cast member when he could channel all this energy to a very easily produced and well received Blues Brothers sequel or spin-off?
I know for a fact, from my industry contacts that there is a wonderful Blues Brothers script readily available by someone who is even on Twitter.
It is very difficult to take Dan Aykroyd seriously when he does such career suicide.
He should be very careful not to keep beating a dead horse.

Submitted by FibonacciRules on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 1:29pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Aykroyd is long past being able to ruin his career isn't he? I get the impression it's one of those 'let's get the band back together' deals than some cynical promotional thing.

Regardless it does feel like one of those doomed to fail projects. Even if it does get made I'm thinking it would disappoint. And then everyone will blame Bill Murray for half-assing it.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 4:58pm.
Sirand's picture

Submitted by Sirand on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 1:24pm.

"Some things just shouldn't come back. Remember when we all wanted Indiana Jones 4?" - Oh man, if ever someone spoke the truth about something...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 11:15pm.

Exactly. I don't want to experience the same fuming rage that I had upon leaving a showing of Indy 4. Indy 4 was MY AVP!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 2:34pm.
DavidFullam's picture

Still say they will head down the remake road in time.

Submitted by DavidFullam on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 9:34am.

In other words, no progress.

Submitted by JB Demented on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 1:49am.