Jason X Screening in L.A. - Pot Smoking Counselors Engaging in Pre-Marital Sex Welcome!Around these parts we have a wondrous and unapologetic love for Jason X. Yeah, it has some problems here and there, but rather than jumping the shark when our favorite maniac was launched into space, it actually ended up being a lot of fun!

If you're in the L.A. area, you can now see this spectacle up on the big screen!

Attending the screening for a Q&A will be Todd Farmer, who both penned and starred in New Line Cinema’s tenth entry into the Friday franchise.

Look for the flick this coming Friday the 13th at the Cinefamily (611 N. Fairfax Avenue) in Los Angeles, CA as part of their "Friday Night Frights" series!

Get your tickets by hitting the above link!

JASON X trailer (Friday Night Frights) from Cinefamily on Vimeo.

Have a frozen face salad in the comments section below!

Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

I was really hoping this movie would be the first in a long line of time-travelling adventures for everyone's favourite summer-camp killjoy. I can't believe the poor bloke is still trapped in the 25th century with no way of getting home, like some kind of psycho Buck Rogers without a Twiki for company.

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Tue, 04/10/2012 - 9:27am.
Cinemascribe's picture

I developed a full blown love affair with Jason X at the precise moment when the techno geek appeared in the corridor behind Jason and got Mr.Voorhees' attention by calling out "Hey, slappy!" Right around then, I knew I was a fan for life.

Friday the 13th had already hit the self parody mark with Jason Lives (my personal favorite) which was a self referential dark comedy at heart. When the immediate follow up to Jason lives was essentially Jason Vs Carrie and was considered a return to the more "serious" tone of the franchise then,yeah, the only real option left by the time X came out was to say "fuck it" and go batshit insane with the concept.

Loved it. Wish I could attend this.

Submitted by Cinemascribe on Tue, 04/10/2012 - 3:30am.
Matt Serafini's picture

Jason Lives is my favorite movie in the series, too.

I always laugh when people write the whole series off as "mindless" without excepting part 6. It's one of the smartest horror films of the 1980s, and a total deconstruction of the series (and subgenre) way before it was hip and/or cool to do.

I wish I could hold JX in the same light - I think that's what they were going for - but it just doesn't work for me.

Oddly enough, the "Hey slappy" line is one of the things I hated most about it.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 04/10/2012 - 9:13am.
kiddcapone's picture

Correction, Jason X is the most apocalyptic sign of a series jumping the shark in the history of horror. When Jason Voorhees is reborn again as Robocop Jason doing battle against a female android with metal nipples that keep falling off on a spaceship in the year 2455, you have officially gone so far off the beaten path that self mockery is the only choice.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 2:25pm.

I like Jason X. It's a funny and fun movie.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 4:22pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of JX.

For me, the series ends after the Paramount era.

The New Line anomalies were awkward, forced and completely disconnected from the rest of the series.

JX would've worked had they kept the tone a bit straighter. The problem isn't Jason in space, the issue is that every five minutes a character essentially acknowledges the absurdity of the movie. And it's not funny anymore because they're in on the joke.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 3:29pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I had a smile on my face for the entire duration of the film. Fun kills and amusing dialogue. Jason's finest solo outing.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 04/10/2012 - 2:00am.
nazo's picture

I thought the problem with Jason X was the 45 minute game of hide and seek in blue corridors.

Submitted by nazo on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 11:19pm.

Damn, I wish I could go.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 04/08/2012 - 8:02pm.
Hakk Wylde's picture

Too bad I'm on the other coast. This movie is horror-comedy gold!
*smashes sleeping bag against tree*

Submitted by Hakk Wylde on Sun, 04/08/2012 - 7:56pm.