The Grey Continues its Hunt on Blu-ray and DVD
Missed the harrowing new flick The Grey (review here) during its theatrical run? Shame on you! You missed out! Well, now you can fix that problem by digging into your pockets and nabbing a Blu-ray or DVD!
From the Press Release
When a plane crashes in the remote Alaskan wilderness, the survivors must battle extreme weather conditions, devastating injuries and a pack of rogue wolves in order to stay alive in the riveting action adventure The Grey, coming to Blu-ray™ Combo Pack with UltraViolet™, as well as DVD, Digital Download and On Demand on May 15, 2012, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Starring Academy Award®-nominee Liam Neeson (Schindler’s List, Taken), The Grey pits man against nature in a non-stop, life-or-death battle that Jake Hamilton of FOX-TV calls “mesmerizing, electrifying and terrifying,” adding, “The Grey is a viciously unnerving epic adventure that will hunt you with excitement, bury you in panic and outright scare the hell out of you.”
Directed by Joe Carnahan (The A-Team, Smokin Aces) and starring Dermot Mulroney (J. Edgar, Big Miracle), Frank Grillo (Warrior, Minority Report), James Badge Dale (Shame, The Departed), Joe Anderson (Across the Universe, Love Happens), Dallas Roberts (3:10 to Yuma, Walk the Line) and Nonso Anozie (Atonement, RocknRolla), The Grey has been proclaimed “Spell-binding!” by Chris Parente, KDVR-TV FOX, and “intense, action-packed and smart” by Kevin McCarthy, CBS Radio.
The Grey Blu-ray™ Combo Pack delivers the film in perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound and features bonus content including deleted scenes and feature commentary by co-writer and director Joe Carnahan and editors Roger Barton (Transformers: Dark of the Moon) and Jason Hellmann (G-Force). The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack also includes UltraViolet™, a DVD, and a Digital Copy of the film – so consumers can truly enjoy the movie anytime, anywhere, on the device of their choice! UltraViolet™ is the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows and put them in the cloud. From there, they can download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smartphones. In addition, consumers can redeem a Digital Copy of the film from a variety of retail partners, who offer many viewing options including iTunes®, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™ touch,Android, connected televisions, Blu-ray player apps, and more!
Special Features on Blu-ray and DVD
Exclusive Blu-ray Special Features
- Picture-in-Picture: Featuring pre-visualization and storyboard comparisons of some the film’s most exciting scenes.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
Liam Neeson stars as John Ottway, a sharpshooting wolf hunter who becomes an unlikely hero, leading a group of oilrig roughnecks on a death-defying backwoods trek through the Alaskan wilderness. When a plane transporting them to Anchorage crashes on a remote mountaintop, eight survivors must find their way back to civilization or perish in a frozen wasteland. With Ottway as their guide, the ravaged group faces hostile terrain with limited supplies. Most terrifyingly, they are stalked by a pack of fierce and cunning wolves. In order to survive, they will have to turn the tables on the ferocious predators in an unparalleled wilderness adventure.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Try to survive in the comments section below!