Bloody Leaked Trailer for Dario Argento's Dracula 3D

Well then. After watching the latest incomplete (some visual effects are pending) leaked trailer for Dario Argento's Dracula 3D, one thing is abundantly clear: The maestro still loves his gore!

Dracula 3D features Asia Argento as Lucy, Thomas Kretschmann as Dracula, Marta Gastini as Mina, and Rutger Hauer as Van Helsing. Miguel Angel Silvestre and Miriam Giovanelli also star.

Synopsis:
TRANSYLVANIA, 1893.

One night in the woods adjacent to Passo Borgo, at the foot of the Carpazi mountains, a couple of young lovers, Tania and Milos, secretly meet. On her way home, Tania is chased and overcome by a "dark shadow" that kills her. In those days Jonathan Harker, a young librarian, arrives at the village hired by Count Dracula, a nobleman from the area. Tania's body mysteriously disappears from the cemetery. In the meantime Harker, before going to Count Dracula's castle, takes the opportunity to visit Lucy Kisslinger, his wife Mina's best friend as well as the daughter of the local mayor.

Upon arriving at the castle, Harker is greeted by Tania, brought back to life from the dead and made vampire, who tries from the very beginning to seduce him; however, they are interrupted by Dracula's entrance welcoming Harker. The following night Tania tries again to bite Harker; she is close to his neck when she is stopped by the count, who gets the upper hand, and it is he himself who bites Harker's neck, however allowing him to live. The following day, weakened but still conscious, Harker attempts to escape, but as soon as he is outside the castle, a large wolf with a white lock assaults and savagely kills him.

Meanwhile, Mina, Harker's wife, arrives in the village and is guest for a few days at the home of her dearest friend Lucy Kisslinger, who will also be bitten and vampirized. The day after, Mina, worried about her husband, goes to Count Dracula's castle.

Their encounter makes her forget the reason for her presence there. She is completely under the count's influence; the count had orchestrated the events leading up to their encounter; in fact Mina looks exactly like his beloved Dolinger, who died some centuries ago. Upon her return to the Kisslinger house, Mina learns of the death of her dear friend Lucy.

The sequence of such strange and dramatic events summons the aid of Van Helsing, vampire expert of the techniques used to eliminate them. Van Helsing, aware of the circumstances, decides to act swiftly and prepares the tools needed to combat vampires. He directs himself to the center of evil, Count Dracula's castle.

Meanwhile Dracula, in the village, kills the inhabitants who rescinded their pact, while Van Helsing, inside the castle, is able to definitively eliminate Tania. Dracula, intent on his desire to reunite with his beloved wife, leads Mina, completely hypnotized, to the castle where Van Helsing is waiting. He has decided to engage in a deadly fight with his evil foe. During the struggle Van Helsing loses his gun with the silver bullet, and Mina, still under Dracula's spell, gathers it and tries to aid Dracula, but she misses the target and involuntarily kills him. The special silver bullet transforms Dracula into ashes; but his spirit lifts the ashes into the air and uniting, they shape into a large bat with a mocking grin.

For more visit the official Dracula 3D website.

Bloody Leaked Trailer for Dario Argento's Dracula 3D

Fear monsters in the comments section below!

Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

Looks like it was shot entirely in stereoscopic scrotumvision.

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Fri, 12/16/2011 - 4:07pm.

I agree, the last movie from Dario I saw at a screening at apartamente de inchiriat pitesti, who organized a Romanian Dracula festival. Complete rubbish.

Submitted by apartamente on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 5:26am.

Needs more Hauer, even though he appears to die at least twice in this trailer. I really don't know how Argento manages to con people into giving him money. How? How does he do that? HOW DARIO?

Submitted by Lino on Fri, 12/16/2011 - 2:22pm.
Genrewriter's picture

Pretty sure he just says "Look, I know my last few films haven't been all that great but dammit, this one might be as good as Suspiria! And the only way you'll find out is by putting the lira on the table, man! What do you say?"

You know, or words to that effect.

Submitted by Genrewriter on Fri, 12/16/2011 - 4:32pm.
James Coker's picture

sorry guys but Mother of Tears is a Train wreck that I couldn't find any enjoyment out of, but not as bad as phatom...wooof, and second I don't mind my horror being a little over the top but Dracula turning into a big cgi Mantis is just too over the top and Ridiculous for me LOL, and third...Yes Matt I agree with you on the fact that it has this Flat tv movie look to it

Submitted by James Coker on Thu, 12/15/2011 - 10:05pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

I love Mother of Tears.

Can't defend Phantom, though.

This could be ... fun. I'm sure the FX will look fine once finished, that's not my issue. I'm more concerned with the fact that a lot of the shots look "flat" ... kind of TV movie-ish? Not really sure how to articulate it at this point - just going off of my first impression.

Call me crazy, but that Dracula can turn into a gigantic, lethal praying mantis? That's kind of ... brilliant. If he has several other forms, what's wrong with taking an insect one?

Bring it on, I saw. Just sucks I probably won't get the opportunity to see this in 3D. :(

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Thu, 12/15/2011 - 6:43pm.
The Buz's picture

Pretty much all of his films in the past decade have been completely flat and "tv movie-ish". Because Argento relied on good DP's back in the day to make his non story driven films look nice.

Now that he doesn't have that we have a very soap opera-esque filmography from him.

The only two I'd say are exceptions are his Master of Horror episodes, though Jennifer looked like ass too.

Submitted by The Buz on Sat, 12/17/2011 - 2:49pm.
Genrewriter's picture

The "flat" look is definitely an oddity, maybe it will be fixed in post once the f/x shots are completed. The film looks like it will be, at the very least, an interesting take on the story. I'm all for nutty stuff like Dracula turning into a praying mantis, it's just bizarre enough to work.

Submitted by Genrewriter on Fri, 12/16/2011 - 12:25am.
moderator I liked Mother of Tears in

I liked Mother of Tears in that Holy Shit What a Train Wreck sort of way. There's not a single redeeming thing to be said of Argento's Phantom.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 12/15/2011 - 7:39pm.
James Coker's picture

where the fuck does a giant mantis come into play in a dracula movie? also...after watching that "trailer" I think I smell another Argento Batshit crazy mess of a film in the likes of argento's Mother of Tears and Phantom of the Opera hahahaha

Submitted by James Coker on Thu, 12/15/2011 - 4:17pm.

&n