Make Plans to Attend the Undead Festival October 21-23 in Asbury Park, NJ
The producers of last year’s Guinness World Record breaking New Jersey Zombie Walk present the 2011 UNDEAD FESTIVAL ... because one day of zombie fun just isn’t enough! Alongside the world famous Zombie Walk, this year’s three-day event includes live entertainment, brand new movies to chill your bones, rows of vendors with spooky goodies, celebrities from your favorite horror films, and lots of free swag to take home! Here are some of the highlights...
• Take in the New Jersey premieres of films Chillerama and The Dead on Friday night, October 21, free to all convention attendees!
• The NJ Zombie Walk 2011, Saturday, October 22nd: A team of professional make-up artists will be on hand to give demonstrations and assist in giving complete zombie makeovers for a nominal fee to cover the artist’s expenses. The day starts at 10am, but the walk itself begins at 5pm so don’t be late!
• Downtown Cookman Avenue will be closed off and a stage will be erected to host a variety of music acts and performances including a group “Thriller” dance, Jello-brain eating contests, and costume pageants. (Saturday night after the walk)
• Meet the cast of Night of the Living Dead with Kyra Schon, Russ Streiner, Judith Ridley, John Russo, George Kosana and Charles Craig as well as the BRAAAAIIIIIIINS of Dawn of the Dead: Jim Krut, Leonard Lies, Sharon Ceccatti and Frank A. Serrao.
• Meet Addy Miller, Travis Charpentier, Keisha Tillis and Madison Lintz (from AMC’s "The Walking Dead"), Kristina Klebe (Rob Zombie’s Halloween, Chillerama), Mark Moran and Mark Sceurman from Weird NJ, Michale Graves (of The Misfits - Performing Friday Night!), the cast of Perkins 14, artists Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies) and Arlene Klasky (Duckman, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys), who will be unveiling her new character inspired by the zombies of Asbury Park!
• Sweeney Todd and Little Shop of Horrors performances, Q&A’s with celebrity guests, a Zombie Cake Battle, Dread Central’s table full-o-free stuff and more all await convention attendees!
• Convention-goers will also get discounts for participating bars, restaurants, stores and after parties all throughout the city!
The Undead Festival strives to provide a safe environment for family fun so bring the kids! We are dying to meet them!! Admission to the Undead Festival is discounted online to only $10 per day or $20 for the entire weekend (so buy online and get a significant discount!) Wristbands will be available day-of for $15 per day or $30 for the entire weekend. All children 10 and under are admitted free if accompanied by at least one adult. Tickets and further info can be found online at the Undead Festival website.
Promotional partners include: Dark Horse Comics, Shout! Factory, Boom Studios, Magnet Releasing, After Dark Pictures, Warner Brothers Games, Chillerama, The Dead, The Howling Reborn, Majesco Games, Quirk Books, AMC TV, Penguin Books, AMI Entertainment, Simon and Schuster and CBS Films.
A quick note on Zombie Walk Rules and Etiquette: During the Zombie Walk, participants must agree to abide by the Rules & Etiquette. These have been put into place to ensure that everyone has a good time, both zombies and citizens alike. First and foremost, all zombies must respect the City of Asbury Park and refrain from entering any public premises without permission. Zombies must be mindful of their actions (and make-up) so that they do not smear, stain, cause damage to, destroy or vandalize any person or property. Zombies must not block doorways or impede businesses and homeowners. Zombies must also respect others' personal space by refraining from touching anyone who is not participating in the Zombie Walk or harassing anyone that wishes to be left alone. Zombies must always stop "attacking" someone when asked to, especially children. Zombies must obey all traffic laws, city ordinances and authorities at all times. If asked to disperse, they must do so immediately. Zombies must stay on the sidewalk or route unless crossing the street. There will be absolutely NO alcohol or illegal substances tolerated during the Zombie Walk. Small children and pets must be accompanied by an adult. Thank you for your cooperation!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Shamble on into the comments section below.