Official Blu-ray/DVD Combo Artwork and Specs: The Exterminator

During the news abyss that is the San Diego Comic-Con, Synapse Films announced that the crazy Vietnam vet seeking revenge flick The Exterminator was finally hitting home video on Blu-ray. Of course this announcement was swallowed up in all the chaos, but the official artwork and specs are now in!

From the Press Release: Christopher George, Robert Ginty, and Samantha Eggar star in THE EXTERMINATOR, James Glickenhaus' explosive story of Vietnam vet John Eastland (Ginty), a man who launches a bloody vendetta against the New York underworld when his best friend is brutally beaten by a vicious street gang. Eastland becomes a vigilante hero to the public, but to police The Exterminator is a psychopath capable of dangerously undermining an entire government administration.

Synapse Films is proud to present THE EXTERMINATOR in its more violent and gory Director’s Cut, lovingly restored in high-definition from original vault materials. One of the most cold-blooded and controversial revenge films ever made, this is “a sick example of the almost unbelievable descent into gruesome savagery in American movies.” (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times)

Special Features

• The Original Director’s Cut Featuring More Gore and Violence
  • The Newly Discovered Original Stereo Soundtrack Mix
  • Audio Commentary by Director James Glickenhaus
  • Theatrical Trailer and Television Spots (HD)

Official Artwork and Specs: The Exterminator

Get revenge the comments section below.

• -->

Rottenjesus's picture

Goddamn, I haven't seen this (and the sequel) in a long time. The early 90s in fact. I do remember that I enjoyed the hell out of the both of them.

This is a day one purchase for sure!

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Wed, 08/10/2011 - 1:07am.
    Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

"The cover art that lied too far!"

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 4:46pm.
    Matt Serafini's picture

LOL!! Like I said on Twitter, Exterminator 2 was more the sequel to the first movie's ad campaign.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 5:40pm.
    Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

Never seen the sequel, I always assumed that the poster for that was just as big a lie as that for the original film, heh. Just watched the trailer for it though and wow, he finally dresses up like he does on the posters! Kind of.

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Wed, 08/10/2011 - 7:50am.
    Matt Serafini's picture

The sequel is awesome too.

I would kill for a DVD of EXTERMINATOR 2, let alone a Blu-ray.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Wed, 08/10/2011 - 9:25am.
    moderator Dead on! They made a whole

Dead on! They made a whole movie around that artwork! LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 7:12pm.
    Matt Serafini's picture

I want to know how anyone in the world could even consider NOT adding this film to their movie collections.

I adore every frame of this wonderfully gritty, sleazy and violent vigilante flick.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Mon, 08/08/2011 - 6:54pm.
    Vanvance1's picture

I'm doing a shuffle of shame here. I haven't seen it. Based on your raves I'm going to buy this one... so if it sucks expect an e-mail from me saying "phhhllllllttt!"

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 6:42pm.
    moderator The film literally oozes

The film literally oozes sleaze. I love it!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 7:13pm.
    Matt Serafini's picture

If you've ever liked a gritty, sleazy NYC-based revenge/action movie from the early 80s, you'll love it.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 6:54pm.
    Vanvance1's picture

Then I'll love it.

:D

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 08/09/2011 - 8:55pm.