First Look at ChromeSkull from Laid to Rest 2

ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 has been filming for just about a week now, and thanks to the wonders of Facebook, we have our first good look at the title character since his return from the dead following the end of the original Laid to Rest.

Director Rob Hall penned the Laid to Rest 2 script with producing partner Kevin Bocarde. Hall, Bocarde and Chang Tseng are producing the film under their Dry County Entertainment banner.

Returning for the sequel are original Laid to Rest stars Thomas Dekker (A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010) and Nick Principe, donning the by now familiar mask of ChromeSkull. Their new co-stars include Brian Austin Green (“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” “90210”), Michael Biehn (Aliens, The Victim), Christopher Nelson (Kill Bill: Volume 1, The Tripper), Jennifer Blanc (Bereavement, The Victim) and Danielle Harris (Halloween, Stake Land, Hatchet II).

Dig on the new still below, and to keep up on all things ChromeSkull, you can follow production updates on Twitter via @LaidToRestMovie, "like" ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 on Facebook, or check out the official Laid to Rest 2 website!

First Look at ChromeSkull from Laid to Rest 2

Get laid in the comments section below.

nonserviam03's picture

I LOVED the first Laid to Rest when I first saw it... but I slowly began liking it less and less.

Either way, I like the Chromeskull character a lot. There's too many "psycho hillbilly in the woods" slasher villains, and he's something different.

Besides, I just gotta see how they say that he survived the first movie, lol.

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Sat, 11/06/2010 - 6:06pm.
Rob's picture

I'll give this a shot since Bobbi Sue Luther isn't in it. She ruined the first movie for me.

Submitted by Rob on Sat, 11/06/2010 - 5:34pm.

Agreed, lol. Granted she's hot, but she was awful in this.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 11/07/2010 - 2:59am.
Vanvance1's picture

I thought she was the best part of the flick. Her lack of nudity did detract though.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sat, 11/06/2010 - 5:55pm.
James Coker's picture

okay the first one had problems, But I'm a bit psyched for this myself, I like Chrome Skull

Submitted by James Coker on Sat, 11/06/2010 - 3:31pm.
Spaceshark's picture

He must be a damn good doctor to heal himself from what happened in the last movie.

Also, dear God let Dekker keep his eyebrows this time around.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Sat, 11/06/2010 - 2:20am.

Okay since Danielle Harris is in it I'll give it a shot. I hated the first one.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sat, 11/06/2010 - 1:50am.
LifeMi's picture

I loved Laid To Rest, so I'm psyched for the sequel. Having Danielle Harris and Michael Biehn around helps.

Submitted by LifeMi on Sat, 11/06/2010 - 3:03pm.

Laid to Rest almost inspired ME to go on a killing spree. Piece of shit.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 11/07/2010 - 2:58am.
LifeMi's picture

Apologies if this seems repetitive, but what did you hate so much about LTR other than Bobbi Sue Luther?

Submitted by LifeMi on Sun, 11/07/2010 - 12:43pm.

Really bad acting, really bad direction, awful story, terrible final half.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 11/07/2010 - 8:57pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

Gotta agree with Terminal here. I was really looking forward to Laid to Rest but wound up disliking it.

Clunky direction, really stupid character decisions and a slasher movie that blows its wad on all the impressive kills in the first act, leaving no place to go but down.

Maybe the second one will be better, but I'll be taking this one with a grain of salt.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Sun, 11/07/2010 - 10:13pm.
LifeMi's picture

We've had this discussion before and I understand where you're coming from; it's no Halloween, but for me, as someone who's suffered through some really bad DTV horror films, slasher or otherwise, I appreciated seeing one that I could at least enjoy watching. And yes, I think it's pretty good; 4 out of 5 for me.

Submitted by LifeMi on Sun, 11/07/2010 - 10:46pm.

I'd give it one knife. Chrome Skull is all dressed up with no place to go and a creator who doesn't know how to implement him properly.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 1:38am.
LifeMi's picture

Fair enough, Terminal. I'll agree to disagree with you on this one.

Submitted by LifeMi on Mon, 11/08/2010 - 2:27am.