The Walking Dead and AMC Announces Fearfest!
Every year AMC TV hosts a rather kick-ass horror movie marathon to usher in the most chilling night of the year, October 31st, Halloween. Details have just emerged regarding which films will be part of the event that will be capped off with the premiere of probably the most anticipated horror series of all time -- "The Walking Dead".
Click here for AMC Fearfest info, and dig on the new "Walking Dead" promo from yesterday, which is now embedded on the site, below!
Here's a taste of what you can look forward to:
Among a vast library of horror favorites, AMC Fearfest will present premieres of the following:
• House of Wax debuting Oct. 22, 10PM | 9C
• Dead Silence debuting Oct. 23, 12 :30PM | 11:30C
• 28 Days Later debuting Oct. 24, 8PM | 7C
• Jeepers Creepers 2 debuting Oct. 24, 10 :30PM | 9:30C
• From Dusk Till Dawn debuting Oct. 30, 8PM | 7C
• Evil Dead II debuting Oct. 30, 10PM | 9C
• Dawn of the Dead debuting Oct. 31, 8PM | 7C
In addition to the AMC Premiere events, AMC Fearfest will feature horror favorites from the vintage to the contemporary including:
• Friday the 13th parts 1-9 airing together for the first time, in celebration of the franchise's 30th Anniversary, primetime Oct. 18-22
• Halloween I-V airing primetime Oct. 25-27
• Stephen King classics Cujo, Pet Sematary, The Shining, Sleepwalkers and Graveyard Shift airing throughout the day on Oct. 9
• Night of the Living Dead (1968), Frankenstein (1931), Dracula (1931), The Wolf Man (1941), and many others
"The Walking Dead" tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) portrays the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) portrays the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast members include Laurie Holden ("The Shield"), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger, and Sarah Wayne Callies ("Prison Break"), who plays Rick's wife, Lori.
Frank Darabont is the project's writer, director of the pilot, and exec producer with Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert also exec producing. KNB is handling the effects.
"The Walking Dead" will premiere on Halloween night, Sunday, October 31st, at 10/9c! To stay up-to-the-minute on all things walker related, follow @WalkingDead_AMC on Twitter and visit "The Walking Dead" on Facebook.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Walk with the dead in the comments section below!