Black Death Infects UK DVD and Blu-ray on October 18th

While I personally thought that director Christopher Smith’s impeccable filmmaking run took a stumble with Triangle, he came right back on form with Sean Bean in his newest release, Black Death, which lands on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK in a scant couple of weeks courtesy of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Read on for the pack shots and trailer!

From the Press Release:
From director Christopher Smith (Triangle, Severance) and with an all star cast that includes Sean Bean (Lord of the Rings), Carice van Houten (Valkyrie), Eddie Redmayne (Elizabeth - Golden Age), David Warner (Planet of the Apes), and Tim McInnerny (Severance), Black Death (review here) is a terrifying odyssey into evil.

Medieval England has fallen under the shadow of the Black Death. In this apocalyptic world, filled with fear and suspicion, a young monk called Osmund (Eddie Redmayne) is charged with leading a fearsome knight, Ulric (Sean Bean), and his group of mercenaries to a remote marsh. Their quest is to hunt down a necromancer - someone who is able to bring the dead back to life. The dangers that they face as they set out are nothing compared to the horror that awaits them at their journey’s end...

As is becoming the norm these days, it looks as though Blu-ray is the format you want to go for if you enjoy taking in some special features, with the following on offer:

DVD
Bringing Black Death to Life Featurette
• Original Theatrical Trailer

Blu-ray Only
Bringing Black Death to Life Featurette
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Commentary with director Christopher Smith
• Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary)
• Behind-the-Scenes Footage
• Photo Gallery
• Interviews with Cast & Crew
o Interview with director Christopher Smith
o Interview with producer Jens Meurer
o Interview with producer Phil Robertson
o Interview with Sean Bean

Black Death - UK DVD/Blu-ray Trailer
Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Watch feature films and entire TV shows.

Black Death Infects UK DVD and Blu-ray on October 18th

Black Death Infects UK DVD and Blu-ray on October 18th

- Gareth Jones

Paint it black in the comments section below!

"Triangle" was absolutely excellent and you're out of your god forsaken mind. Christopher Smith hit it out of the park with that movie. Thought provoking, weird, and well acted, give me a break.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 12:53am.
GJW's picture

TRIANGLE: I (personally) needed more closure. Wasn't a HUGE fan of the ending but liked the movie very much.

----------------------------------
I have to return some video tapes.

Submitted by GJW on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 10:29am.
Gareth Jones's picture

I'm fully aware that my opinion of Triangle is somewhat controversial, but what can I say? I'm not gonnna suddenly start saying I love it just because everyone else does...

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 3:31am.
Vanvance1's picture

We can learn to forgive you.

It would probably help to send us money.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 1:09pm.

Then you're not an actual writer for Dread Central if you don't! Bazinga! I don't care if you like it or not, I was merely implying the possibility that you're looney.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 11:55am.
Gareth Jones's picture

Possibility? It's plain FACT!

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 2:45pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I'm going to disagree here. I think Triangle is a serious success and Smith is 3 for 3. I am eager to see/own Black Death and can't understand why such a talented director can't get any theatrical distribution in North America.

Smith is the real deal and his movies deserve more coverage here. He's not making 'supernatural romances', he's making horror.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Tue, 10/05/2010 - 6:18pm.
moderator I agree 100% about Triangle
Debi Moore's picture

I agree 100% about Triangle - loved it. As for "more coverage" of Smith, we do what we can. Whenever there are new stills, trailers, or any other kind of info about what he's doing, we jump on it. It's unfortunate someone of his talent doesn't generate the same kind of PR as, say, the creators of Twilight, but it's not like we can make up stories about him just to give him more ink -- as much as we might like to.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Tue, 10/05/2010 - 6:39pm.