Plans Already Made for Saw 8?

In case anyone has been buying the line of Saw 3D being the last film in the franchise, we have some fresh copies of both Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter and Freddy's Dead with your names on it!

In a recent interview with The New York Post's PopWrap actress Betsy Russell (pictured below), who plays Jigsaw's wife, Jill, dropped some interesting news on fans ...

"Before we thought it was ending [with 'Saw 7'], the writers came up with an unbelievable idea [for 'Saw 8']," Betsy revealed to PopWrap. "It's an amazing story that I would love to see. We want to end near the top, with our integrity intact and not letting the characters die a slow death, so to speak. But I believe in my heart that someday, somehow, ['Saw 8'] will happen."

Our prediction? Unless Saw 3D explodes at the box office, Lionsgate will let the series rest for a couple of years before bringing it back. Look for the new film to open on October 29th.

Betsy Russell: Plans Already Made for Saw 8?

End it all in the Dread Central forums!

i'd go see saw 8...is it gonna be in 3D?

"Break a chain lose a life"

Submitted by pakj34 on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 1:34pm.
TheDreamMaster's picture

Heh, "Freddy's Dead" and "The Final Chapter" were the first things that popped into my head when I read this too.

Submitted by TheDreamMaster on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 8:09am.
nonserviam03's picture

Heeey... for all intents and purposes Freddy's Dead WAS the Last Nightmare on Elm Street.

Calling Wes Craven's New Nightmare a sequel to A Nightmare On Elm Street would be like calling Shadow of the Vampire a sequel to Nosferatu.

I suppose you could count Freddy vs Jason, but I wouldn't. Not really.

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 1:00am.
Matt Serafini's picture

They made more Friday the 13ths after The Final Chapter?

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Thu, 08/05/2010 - 9:29pm.
LifeMi's picture

Yeah and only two of them were good.

Submitted by LifeMi on Thu, 08/05/2010 - 10:46pm.
nonserviam03's picture

Only one of them was good.

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 1:01am.
LifeMi's picture

Disagree; Jason Lives and The New Blood were good. That being said, TNB was just barely and I won't vehemently defend it.

Submitted by LifeMi on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 3:25am.
Foywonder's picture

Least surprising news article of the day.

Submitted by Foywonder on Thu, 08/05/2010 - 8:40pm.
Tristan Sinns's picture

How's this for a prediction - they let it rest for few years *and then reboot it*. A remake of the first Saw will be seen in our lifetimes, mark my words!

Submitted by Tristan Sinns on Thu, 08/05/2010 - 5:25pm.