Dread Central Turns Four and Some HUGE Thank Yous!

It's hard to believe that just four years ago we were nothing more than a splash page placeholder with the promise that "The Dread Shall Rise", and rise we did. Not on our own though. If we stand tall at all, it's because we stand on the shoulders of you guys, our readers.

This is gonna be a little on the self-indulgent side so please bear with me.

We've been through a whole lot together. From working at different websites to enduring what amounted to a volcanic Internet eruption to living for this moment ... right now ... this second as we officially turn four years old on July 4th.

One person I would be completely remiss in not mentioning is our brother Johnny Butane, who helped start all of this madness you see before you. He will always be missed -- and for those curious the last we heard, he was doing just fine.

I need to give a special shout out to our unsung heroes and my partners whom you may not see; Jon Condit and KW Low have kept us running and looking sexy, and for that I'm eternally grateful. The two of them really deserve the lion's share of the thanks for us being here today.

Staff may have come and gone over the years, but everyone who ever lifted a finger to help us in any way has been nothing short of vital to our success, including our newest bits of blood who tirelessly wave the Dread Central flag: Matt Fini, Sean Decker, Heather Wixson, Brian Smith, Elaine Lamkin, Gareth Jones, Chris Haberman, Erik Van Der Wolf, Sean Smithson, Heather Buckley, and Crix Lee. You guys rock more than words can say. We love your passion and enthusiasm and hope that you'll be part of the family for some time to come.

I'd also like to give special praise to those who were with us from the beginning and will most likely be with us until this whole shithouse goes up in flames: Nomad, Foy, Morgan, Andrew Kasch, Buz Wallick, Scott Johnson, Mr. Dark, and Emilie Noetzel (who takes a ton of pictures for us at events) ... to say you guys (and gals) are family is a complete understatement. We've laughed, cried, sweat, and bled together. Dread Central would be absolutely nowhere without you all. You embody the word loyalty, and in this day and age that's a quality that is seldom found.

Then there's Debi Moore, our own Woman in Black. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me the space to try and make this dream come true. I love you so very much and will until my last breath.

And finally there's you ... the reader. Sometimes our relationship with you is akin to being locked in an MMA fight that just never ends. That's okay though because when you do complain, it's only out of passion and love for this genre, and we could never fault you for that. There's no question each and every one of you are our biggest asset. You allow us to do what we do and be who we have become, and that's something each of us here at Dread Central could never thank you enough for.

Much love, guys! Thanks for four great years, and here's to many more to come. Rock and roll, baby ...

Dread Central Turns Four and Some HUGE Thank Yous!

Have a love fest in the Dread Central forums!

I've always enjoyed this site and I will continue to do so as long as it's around...

Congrats!

Submitted by Blue Eyed Demon on Tue, 07/06/2010 - 10:36am.
Count Zartro's picture

Happy 4th!!

Thank you for being the closest thing I have had to an internet home. I followed from Creature Corner to here and it's been a fun and always entertaining ride.

Submitted by Count Zartro on Tue, 07/06/2010 - 10:07am.
Tristan Sinns's picture

Gratz on the four years, DC - glad I've been here for a part of it. ;)

Submitted by Tristan Sinns on Mon, 07/05/2010 - 6:06pm.
elric300's picture

Four effing years...

Man, I still remember Creepy's big announcement of something coming. A rising out of the ashes, as I saw it. Four long, racious years later and this site is still burning the house down something fierce. No amount of threats, insults, or ass kissing ever threatened to take down the House Of Dread.

Keep rocking it guys and gals. I'll always be around here.

Submitted by elric300 on Mon, 07/05/2010 - 11:59am.
James Coker's picture

GJW a cameo by Bill Murray wouldn't be that bad, bad seriously people y'all need to check out the Underrated "UNCLE SAM"

Submitted by James Coker on Mon, 07/05/2010 - 1:07am.
Frankenstien's picture

thanks for all the hard work dread central!!
keep the reviews brewing!!!!!

Submitted by Frankenstien on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 10:15pm.
James Coker's picture

HEY MY FELLOW DC BRETHEREN along with our thanks to the best Horror website on the planet, you should all check out "Uncle Sam" in honor of the 4th of July

Submitted by James Coker on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 8:26pm.
GJW's picture

This needs a remake!!! I can't wait for this to be remade with teenage actors,some killer CGI,maybe even a cameo by Bill Murray!!!!!

Heh, JUST kidding.Take a deep breath,ONLY a little twisted humor. Hehe.

---------------------------------------------
Formerly FireRam

Submitted by GJW on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 9:22pm.
Emilie Noetzel's picture

:D

It was nice seeing my name in there, honestly did not think I'd make the list.

I must thank you UC and the crew for letting me take pictures and get "published" (is that the right term for the web?).

Whenever you want celebratory cake, let me know, I'll make you guys one.

Submitted by Emilie Noetzel on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 12:45pm.
LeBay's picture

Congratulations, guys. I've read almost every word from the beginning and will enjoy reading every one to come. Keep up the fantastic work and I'll ALWAYS come here first!

Submitted by LeBay on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 10:05am.

Congrats DC still my favorite site I wanna thank You uncle creepy as well as the entire cast. Your website is what keeps me entertained at my job most nights and for that I thank you.... I also wanna congradulate You on managing to get over 20 comments that actually stay on topic and isn't just an argument going back and forth( although the arguments also keep me entertained)... but again I just wanna say thank you so much and may the best horror news continue to be associated with dread central for years to come

Submitted by REAP3R OF V3GAS on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 3:56am.
Cinemascribe's picture

Congrats to the entire "cast and crew" of DC for making it to your fourth year. I'm so glad I decided to stop lurking and actually join in the conversation over the past few months. You folks have easily taken the top spot as the best source available to the horror community for both up to the minute info and intelligent online discourse.
Here's hoping that you have many more excellent years ahead of you!
----------------------------
"I'm saying that I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man...and loved it. But now the dream is over..and the insect is awake." - Seth Brundle

Submitted by Cinemascribe on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 2:52am.
Vanvance1's picture

Congratulations to DC on 4 years of being more informative and entertaining than CNN, Oprah and The Bible combined! Jesus loves you all!

Seriously though, this site provides cutting edge horror news and reviews with a consistent and pleasing regularity. It's easily in my top 5 sites existent (and it's a big WWW).

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 1:12am.
Genrewriter's picture

Congrats on four great years and hopefully more to come, guys. Funnily enough, I think I've been a casual follower of the site since the very early days. This is truly the best place for horror news and plain fun stuff I've come across with an insightful, funny staff and a dedication to high quality that is quite admirable. Rock on, guys.

Submitted by Genrewriter on Sun, 07/04/2010 - 12:40am.
LifeMi's picture

Hard to believe it's been four years for you guys, but you've earned it. It's a wonderful website you have here and easily the funniest horror website around. While I do visit Arrow in The Head, Bloody Disgusting and other websites from time to time, I always come back here. Bravo.

Submitted by LifeMi on Sat, 07/03/2010 - 5:21pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

Four years?! Man, time flies when you're having fun. You guys (and gals) that keep DC shambling along deserve a hearty congratulations (and lots of booze) for such a great site.

DC means a lot to me and I may not post a lot on the boards or whatever but there isn't a day that goes by when I stop by to see what's going on.

Thanks for being so damn horrifying DC. :)

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Sat, 07/03/2010 - 3:18pm.
tedge1979's picture

Congrats, guys! You're the best!

Submitted by tedge1979 on Sat, 07/03/2010 - 12:08pm.
DeTuinman's picture

Congrats guys...!

For me, the podcasts make this site standout.
It does not sound forced and is friggan funny as hell..

Keep up DreaDin the interwebzone guys!

The mind is like a parachute...it only works when it is open.
F.Zappa

Submitted by DeTuinman on Sat, 07/03/2010 - 3:53am.
Cash Bailey's picture

Did you have a big cake?

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Sat, 07/03/2010 - 9:04pm.

I've had some great great times being part of this place. So Steve and Debbie, Andrew and Buz, Heather, Gareth, and all my other DC brothers and sisters...THANK YOU.

Here's to putting voices, handshakes, and hugs to the faces I've yet had the honor to behold in person.

Now lets get a zero behind this four. Only Thirty-six more years! WE CAN DO IT!

Submitted by The Butcher on Sat, 07/03/2010 - 12:34am.
Cash Bailey's picture

Fucking hell! That's a lot of awesomeness.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 10:32pm.

Damn, it's been four years already?! I'm feeling old-er. I will concur with the family sentiment. In fact, I have a Uncle that has a really sick, hilarious sense of humor not unlike Uncle Creepy. :) It's definitely not the same without Butane; tell him we all wish him the best.

Anyway, here's hoping we're all still bullshitting about horror films on DC in another four years!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 10:21pm.
PelusaMG's picture

I've said this before, but I only ever visit this site for my horror news/reviews etc. You are right Creepy, this really is like family, and I have been here almost from the beginning after HC suddenly went tits up and I wandered around lost on the inter-webby thingy for a while, until I found you all - again (Hooray)!

Congratulations on all your success; past, present and future. This really is THE #1 place for for all things horror, because you all care and love what you do. And I too would like to second your thanks to WIB for allowing you (Creepy) the time and space to get this thing off the ground and keep it running. I know how much work it takes to run a website, and without 100% support/understanding of your partner, this would have tanked years ago - but here you are, and here we all are - *Smile*

By the way, I'm an Englishman so it's always nice to have something else to celebrate on the 4th July, rather than having to grin and bear it while everyone goes on about how they (allegedly) stuffed us on the battlefield all those years ago!

I lift my cup of tea to you, and salute you all... :)
__________

Please consider the environment before printing this message...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 10:11pm.
Sexy Mcmanbeast's picture

You're the best!

Around!

And nothings gonna ever keep you down

You're the best!

Around!

And nothings gonna ever keep you dooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnnn!!!

Submitted by Sexy Mcmanbeast on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 9:31pm.
GJW's picture

Ugh...............now that song will be in my head for three days!

---------------------------------------------
Formerly FireRam

Submitted by GJW on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 9:33pm.
HorrorMaven's picture

Happy b-day, Dread! And hearty congrats for still going strong! I just got my first netbook and DC was the first site I test-checked with its wi-fi. :D

(And you've got good company - my b-day's on the 4th, too.) :)

Submitted by HorrorMaven on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 9:17pm.

Wow 4 years already ? I still remember alot of the guys from the Fangoria boards where I posted as PSYCHO ZOMBIE, and how excited we all were about the whole "The Horror Channel"thing, well we know how that turned out lol but it wasn't all for nothing, because of that this site was made. Congratulations!!

Submitted by HORRORHOLIC on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 9:07pm.
GJW's picture

CONGRATS FELLAS!!!!! Anymore,this is the only horror site I visit. I found a home!! Don't forget to leave me a plate outside every night!! Hah,anyway,great work everyone. And many well deserved congratulations!

Now tell the truth. Did you like,shed a tear and shit when you were writing this up? Come on........spill it!!

---------------------------------------------
Formerly FireRam

Submitted by GJW on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 8:56pm.
Pestilence's picture

I'll bet Creepy was weeping like a raped nun as he typed this up.

We're here for you guys, and that's the crux of the matter. It's great to know that this is your online home, GJW, and many more like you.

Submitted by Pestilence on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 9:04pm.
moderator It's impossible not too,

It's impossible not too, bro. Thanks for making this your home.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 9:01pm.