Leaked International Trailer: Let Me In

We've all been holding our breath and hoping for the best when it comes to the Americanized remake of the foreign vampire sensation Let the Right One In, and now through the power of the interwebs the international trailer for Matt Reeves' Let Me In, which takes its title directly from the source material by author John Ajvide Lindqvist, is here.

In case you are living under a rock and do not know the premise of the story ... Let Me In follows an alienated 12-year-old boy who befriends a mysterious young newcomer in his small New Mexico town and discovers an unconventional path to adulthood.

For more about the film check out their Facebook page and follow them on Twitter @letmeinthemovie.

Let Me In First Look: Chloe Moretz as Vampire Abby (click for larger image)

Befriend other bizarre adolescents in the Dread Central forums!

Cinemascribe's picture

Y'know, I don't necessarily hate remakes. There are examples of decent remakes all over- The Fly,The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, The Crazies. Hell, I even enjoyed the new Elm Street (Not as much as the '84 original,obviously, but enough to be entertained).

(Okay, let's pause for a second and let that last one sink in and everyone who is so inclined can get their replies of "I stopped reading after that" or "this automatically discounts your opinion" out of their system)

All right. As I was saying, not all remakes are bad.Obviously quite a few bite wind, but there have been solid re-imaginings out there.

But this species of remake just irritates me. Not because I think it will necessarily be crap- I'd have to see it to know that- but because it looks like the exact same damned movie. If Let Me In hews as closely to the original as this trailer suggests, then apparently the only reason this film even exists is because too many people here in the States were unwilling to watch a foreign film . That really blows, because Let the Right One in was fucking EPIC. Easily one of the best vampire films I've ever seen (as well as one of the best films I've seen regardless of genre,since it also works wonders as a dramatic narrative) and one of the few examples of cinema which richly deserves every ounce of praise heaped upon it.

I hope that this remake at least raises awareness of the original so that more people give it a chance.

-----------------------------------------------------
"I'm saying that I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man...and loved it. But now the dream is over..and the insect is awake." - Seth Brundle

Submitted by Cinemascribe on Fri, 07/02/2010 - 3:14am.
Spaceshark's picture

An early screener review I read pretty much confirmed my worst fear about this movie, so fuck 'em all to hell. Book adaptation my ass.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Thu, 07/01/2010 - 10:45pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

FUCK REMAKES.

END. OF. LINE.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Thu, 07/01/2010 - 4:25pm.
Sirand's picture

Fuckin' remakes...

Submitted by Sirand on Thu, 07/01/2010 - 3:54pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I'm happy with the original. I'm sure I'll see this down the road (likely when I'm with someone who hates sub-titles) but I'm not looking forward to it.

I've already read a review of an early screener on Ain't it Cool and it sounds like it has been toned down as expected.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 07/01/2010 - 3:04pm.
LeBay's picture

The look is, dare I say, similar, but I'm guessing there will be less patient, long shots (which upped the suspense factor in the original) and more tight angles, with a slightly more "visceral" feel. Personally, I don't think this method will be any better, just different.

After viewing this trailer, I think many people will further ask, "Why?" Just to film it in English? Even the boy in this one looks eerily similar to the boy in the original. It seems competent production-wise, but will it translate into a competent film, albeit an unnecessary one?

Submitted by LeBay on Thu, 07/01/2010 - 3:02pm.

Yay, it looks like they duplicated a majority of the scenes from the original. All the more reason NOT to go see it.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Thu, 07/01/2010 - 2:57pm.
Mephistopheles's picture

"takes its title directly from the source material by author John Ajvide Lindqvist"

Not true.

The author-intended title for the novel in English is "Let the Right One In".

It was only called "Let Me In" in America because the publishers thought the original title was too long.

Submitted by Mephistopheles on Thu, 07/01/2010 - 1:49pm.
moderator Fair enough but it's still

Fair enough but it's still taking its title from what the book is called here, no?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 07/01/2010 - 1:51pm.