Crypticon Returns to the Pacific Northwest

The Pacific Northwest's only horror convention, Crypticon, returns to the Seattle area June 18th, 19th, and 20th, and if the guest list is any indication, this year looks to be an even bigger event than last.

Held just outside of Seattle in Everett, Washington, this con has been growing in size every year and has now become a major horror event attended by such genre faves as Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, Don Coscarelli, Adrienne Barbeau, Lloyd Kaufman, and Ken Foree.

This year horror fiends can look forward to meeting Kane Hodder (Hatchet), Heather Langenkamp (Nightmare on Elm Street I & III), Amanda Wyss (Nightmare on Elm Street), Margot Kidder (Black Christmas, The Reincarnation of Peter Proud), Felissa Rose (Sleepaway Camp, Zombiegeddon), Stephen Goeffreys (Fright Night, 976-Evil), terror scribes John Skipp and F. Paul Wilson, and many others.

Crypticon Returns to the Pacific Northwest

Crypticon's popular make-up contest and fashion show make a return along with the MIFFF Film Festival, art show, and costume contest. There will be panels aplenty on all things horror (several of which will be hosted by Dread Central's own Sean "The Butcher" Smithson and Heather Buckley), including comics, fiction, films, and Q &A's with acting, writing, and SFX personalities who have worked on genre films of yesterday and today.

And, of course, no con is complete without a dealers room where horror fans can dig up those hard to find collectibles.

It all goes down at the Holiday Inn in Downtown Everett at 3105 Pine Street. Ticket and hotel rate information can be found at the official Crypticon website along with up-to-the-minute guest updates.

Yours truly will be in attendance all three days. Hope to see you there!

- Erik W. Van Der Wolf

Make your travel plans in the Dread Central forums!

Raider Redux's picture

Parking and hotel rates are a lot cheaper in Everett also. Last year, when I was planning to attend, the hotel rates were pretty high. This year is much better. Plus -- the hotel is providing two extra bars in the dealer and event rooms??? The hangover will be epic. Just me... some Knob Creek.... and Amanda Wyss...

Huh? Wha-? Oh... sorry... daydreaming again...

ahem...

Submitted by Raider Redux on Sat, 05/29/2010 - 10:37am.
Raider Redux's picture

Everett is totally "just outside" Seattle unless you drive a golf cart. Boggy is just making excuses because that means he'd have to leave The Boggy Compound.

I'm taking the train from Portland, Boggy... surely you can make the effort living so close!

Come on... throw on the 'Squatch suit, get in your VW Van and head over to the con and enter the costume contest!

Submitted by Raider Redux on Sat, 05/29/2010 - 10:32am.
Avid Fan's picture

Thanks for the plug Van Der Wolf, always good to see the Dreadites interest and participation. I was at the Weekend of Horrors 2010 at the LAX Marriot and the moderators (Uncle Creepy and another dude who's name keeps escaping me) from Dread Central really helped connect the audience with the guests as well as being a fully loaded team of horror info to keep the show rolling.

Submitted by Avid Fan on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 2:00pm.
moderator I think you mean Sean
Debi Moore's picture

I think you mean Sean Decker. Yeah, we're full of rock stars here at DC! :)

Submitted by Debi Moore on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 2:32pm.

Heather and I are really looking forward to hopefully meeting some of the Washington state Dreadites.
I live here, but Heather being the trooper she is, is flying out all the way from NYC for this thing. THAT's dedication!

Submitted by The Butcher on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 10:51pm.
Vanvance1's picture

This is pretty convenient for me. I think I'll have to go... maybe I can high five John Skipp.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 10:39pm.

Everett isn't "just outside of Seattle" at all! More like 30 miles.

Submitted by BoggyCreekBeast on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 7:12pm.

I'm with you Boggy, trust me. Everette looks like a boring place too. But together we shall persevere!

Again, come say "Hi" if you decide to attend.

I'll say THIS much, anyone who does attend? You're going to want to plan being there late late late into the night on Saturday...*wrings hands and laughs wickedly*

Submitted by The Butcher on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 11:29pm.
moderator 30 miles is nothing! That's
Debi Moore's picture

30 miles is nothing! That's shorter than a lot of people's commute to work where I live. :)

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 7:37pm.

It's not nothing when you live an additional 30 miles south of Seattle. 60 miles there and 60 miles back along I-5 ain't no jaunt.

Submitted by BoggyCreekBeast on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 1:41am.

It's not like it's walking to Siberia either. I drive to Olympia from Kirkland twice a week. Get a good cd or two, some coffee, and put the car into "drive".

EASY PEASY!

Submitted by The Butcher on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 4:30am.
Emilie Noetzel's picture

Or just stay in near by for the convention. We do the drive to and back from LA a few times a year for conventions and events. It's not that bad. Pick up coffee and a nice breakfast, put some good music on and the drive will feel much shorter.

Submitted by Emilie Noetzel on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 12:55pm.

A little road tripping helps build anticipation too. Sometimes it's one of the best parts.

Submitted by The Butcher on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 1:03pm.