New Stills: Fashion Models Experience The Trick of the Witch

With the stunning success of recent micro-budget films like Paranormal Activity, Morrissey plans to launch Trick of the Witch with a grassroots release in Los Angeles and New York later this year. "We are making a very fun, scary film with so many talented people involved. We don't want this film to go straight to DVD and get lost in the shuffle. It is meant for the big screen. If major distributors don't jump on this project at the start, then we will do whatever we can to self-distribute and build word of mouth. If I have to travel from city to city each week showing the film, then I will. Times have changed for indie filmmakers, and there are so many ways to build an audience these days that it would be silly to not go for it."

Inspired by Italian witchcraft Stregheria, the film stars actress Share Cherrie in the leading role along with Owen Alabado, Suzy Cote, and Australian cult star Abigail De'Ath. Trick of the Witch centers on a group of fashion models that get tangled up in a terrifying witchcraft curse while stranded at a secluded mansion during a photo shoot.

Dig on the new stills below, and keep your eyes on the official Trick of the Witch website for more.

New Stills: Fashion Models Experience The Trick of the Witch

New Stills: Fashion Models Experience The Trick of the Witch

New Stills: Fashion Models Experience The Trick of the Witch

New Stills: Fashion Models Experience The Trick of the Witch

New Stills: Fashion Models Experience The Trick of the Witch

Turn tricks in the Dread Central forums!

Vanvance1's picture

I'm going to offer up a much needed moment of sanity here.

There is no such thing as witches. They are as fictional as god, ghosts, leprechauns and Sponge Bob.

What does exist are deluded people who want to be seen and self-defined in a more romantic/mysterious way. These people are no different than goths, punks and other small social groupings who do dumb things so they can feel special.

This article is about witches and witches could potentially make a good horror film.

P.S. Vampires are fictional too.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 1:09am.

Witches are as fake as eskimos, reality TV stars, Nicolas Cage, and Dream catchers.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 3:25am.
FireRam's picture

"Oh, how we love films about witches. The only problem? They are few and far between, and the good ones are even more scarce. Still, we're always willing to give the worshippers of the devil their due, and that's exactly why we're pretty optimistic regarding indie filmmaker Chris Morrissey's latest film, Trick of the Witch."

Woah,woah,woah and WOAH!Time out.Stop the presses and shit(lol). Do you know ANYTHING about witchcraft? It seriously appears you do not. Not all witches worship the devil. Witchcraft is not ABOUT worshipping the devil. Satanism and magick/witchcraft are two completely different things!!!!! I'll end this here because I had a whole paragraph typed but I erased it. Not looking to educate or debate here on this subject.

Just sayin'.
-------------------------------------------------------
Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is.

Submitted by FireRam on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 8:54pm.
moderator I didn't mean to catagorize

I didn't mean to catagorize all witches as Devil worshippers. I do very well know the difference and have spent a great deal of my life reading about the occult ...

That being said ... any witches who are casting spells to help others make it in the fashion industry HAVE TO BE EVIL!!!!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 11:31pm.

I agree. Good witches are just as prominent as bad witches, the only problem is people tend to want to demonize the practice of witchcraft and the occult by focusing on the bad.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 9:34pm.
Emilie Noetzel's picture

I'm pretty sure Creepy knows the difference, most of us on here do.. I think he might have just been trying to drum up some interest or some comments...

Also, maybe the devil worshipping kind of witches make for a more gruesome horror movie?

Good witches are nice and all, but they are not all that scary, what with being good and having nice intentions.

Submitted by Emilie Noetzel on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 9:22pm.
FireRam's picture

Ok, this is why I erased my paragraph.Um,no you don't if you're going to start categorizing witches by "good" and "bad".This isn't The Wizard of Oz!! LOL.And Emy,just because someone knows ALL ABOUT HORROR(All respect Creepy!!!!!), it does not mean someone also knows about magick or the occult so don't speak for someone else.You guys probably think male witches are called Warlocks huh? LOL......don't answer that.

-------------------------------------------------------
Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is.

Submitted by FireRam on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 9:45pm.
Emilie Noetzel's picture

So, I should have written a freaking novel to explain myself, my bad.

I don't mean to categorize all the witches as good or bad, but let's face it, you rarely see movies or tv shows about the witches that are actually more around then most people think. Movies and tv will usually focus more on the extremes of anything, may it be witches, cops, ...

I have friends who are pagan, wiccans, ... I'm not an idiot. I just thought you kinda jumped the gun. And I think I might have been right, since you are jumping the gun again with your assumptions about me.

I might actually know more about witches (which I shall use as a general term, like "humans") and related subjects.

I also understand that it might be a sore spot for you, shit I have done some much research and talk to some many people about Satanism that I tend to get annoyed when people automatically assume that Satanists are evil, when they are not.

But let's face it, movies that are entertaining are usually more interesting if they are about the more "extreme" parts of any subject.

Would you consider it a horror movie if it was about the pagan or wiccan lifestyle?

And for the comment about talking for others, I only defended Creepy because I know he is a knowledgeable person in more then just horror. He's a well rounded, well cultured guy, trust me.

(and please note that if I have wrong wrote any word, I did not mean to do so.)

Submitted by Emilie Noetzel on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 10:22pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I should let you in on an idea I have to see if you'd like it or not.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 10:19pm.

Once again FireRam, well said. I studied the whole world of the occult, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, etc. a long time ago and a lot of the cliches and demonizing is very off the mark.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 10:07pm.
Gareth Jones's picture

That's it. I'm starting a screenplay called "Killer Wiccan!".

Tagline ideas welcome.

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 10:25pm.

Pestilence, I'd see that movie!
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 10:35pm.
Emilie Noetzel's picture

And then, can you help me write, The Pagans that ate babies?

Submitted by Emilie Noetzel on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 10:32pm.