Patrick Lussier to Head Back to Vampire Country with In Darkness?

Patrick LussierThough best known for My Bloody Valentine 3D, director Patrick Lussier has spent a great deal of his career toiling around the baddest vampire of them all, Count Dracula. And it appears as if Patrick could be ready to bare his fangs once again.

According to Bloody Disgusting Lussier is in talks to helm a new vampire thriller entitled In Darkness, which was penned by Rowdy Herrington, director of the two-fisted classic Road House.

The flick "follows a young, ambitious female public defender who must try and get an acquittal for a man who claims he killed his wife to save her soul, the shocker being that he says his wife was a vampire. But the best defense - proving that vampires really exist - puts the attorney's life in danger."

Mind you, In Darkness is a ways down the road as Drive Angry 3D starring Nicolas Cage will be the next film out of the gate for Lussier and his long-time collaborator Todd Farmer.

Then there's also that ever so persistent Halloween 3D project that rears its head every now and again, but who knows if that will ever happen.

Stay tuned.

Find your way to the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

I hated MBV3D and don't get why anyone would be interested in this hack at all. Aja is a master filmmaker by comparison and I think he sucks too.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 5:59pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I'm going to agree. Though based on Jason X I'm still cheering for Todd Farmer.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 12:13am.
moderator All three of Patrick's
Debi Moore's picture

All three of Patrick's Dracula flicks (especially 2000 since it introduced me to Gerard Butler) are guilty pleasures of mine. I'll see anything he does.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 6:25pm.

WIB, Dracula 2000 is a guilty pleasure of mine as well. I love the brides in that movie. SO hot.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 6:36pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Yeah I know he makes women swoon. I've been hearing that alot lately. He's no Nicole Kidman.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 6:30pm.
James Coker's picture

can only hope Halloween 3D actually happens

Submitted by James Coker on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 5:00pm.

If we have to have Halloween 3D then I hope it's done well.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 5:51pm.