DVD Releases: 5/25/2010: A Tell Tale Dark Nature Makes The Landlord Crave True Blood

There are lots of goodies hitting DVD and Blu-ray this week with the standouts being the long-awaited Tell Tale, post-apocalyptic father and son saga The Road, and pick of the week True Blood: The Complete Second Season.

But those are just the high profile releases. There's also the suspenseful, funny, gory Babysitter Wanted, UK thriller Dark Nature, atmospheric supernatural tale Finale, demonic The Landlord, and Someone's Knocking at the Door, which bills itself as a tribute to old fashioned horror films.

Bowing on Blu-ray are City of the Living Dead (available as a special edition DVD as well), 1981's Clash of the Titans, Class of Nuke 'Em High, It Waits, and The Shortcut. Rounding things out is a collector's tin of Machine Girl.

Add in a few more offerings we'll let you guys discover for yourselves, and May 25th offers a pretty damn good haul all in all!

- Debi Moore

Discuss this week's releases in the Dread Central forums!

Floydian Trip's picture

Looking forward to seeing The Road. I have yet to see Viggo in a role or giving a performance I liked aside from TLOTR's, he was born to be Strider.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 10:44pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Floyd, what am I going to do with you?
A History of Violence, Appaloosa and Eastern Promises are good movies and he was great in all of them. While Appaloosa's story was kinda weak, the performances from him and Harris were top shelf. He can do a lot more than swing a sword, my friend.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 3:30pm.
FireRam's picture

He was extremely bland in Eastern Promises. I was looking forward to that alot and feel it was a let down. Just my opinion.

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 3:33pm.
moderator I loved him in Eastern
Debi Moore's picture

I loved him in Eastern Promises, A Walk on the Moon, and of course The Prophecy and LOTR. History of Violence I felt was definitely among his weakest.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 3:50pm.

Viggo was fantastic in History of Violence. His transformation from submissive family man to dominant violent mobster was great.

The problem with Viggo is that while he's a great actor he can be drowned out by better actors around him.

Hence why Maria Bello drowned him out in History of Violence, and Bloom and Mckellen drowned him out in LOTR, and Diane Lane in A Walk on the Moon, etc.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 4:16pm.

"It Waits" is a decent little monster flick. Nothing like watching Cerina Vincent in a tight Tank top fight a monster with her pet bird.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 10:38pm.
fceurich39's picture

good week for horror titles will be getting babysitter wanted,someone's knocking at the door,landlord,the road and hard ride to hell which i hear is awesome

Submitted by fceurich39 on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 9:26pm.