Dario Argento. Dracula. 3D. Excited?

Some startling news out of Cannes today. While milling about the event, one of the DC faithful managed to snap a picture of some really, really early sales art for what will be Dario Argento's stamp on the most famous vampire of them all. In 3D of course.

Below you'll find the sales art for Dario Argento's Dracula in Stereoscopic 3D. According to FrightFest's Alan Jones on Twitter "Just announced, Dario Argento's DRACULA in 3D, filming in Italy January, period setting".

Not sure how we feel about this one just yet, but we remain open-minded. Let's just hope Argento gives old Drac better treatment than he did The Phantom of the Opera as that flick was nothing short of painful to sit through. Let us know what you think below.

Dario Argento. Dracula. 3D. Excited?

Thanks to Marc Walkow one of the creators of the NY Asian Film Festival and Subway Cinema for the snapshot.

Listen to the children of the night in the Dread Central forums

Legba's picture

Great news! One of the very few interesting filmmakers working in the Horror genre (fringe).

Submitted by Legba on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 12:35pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

Sounds good to me!

I LOVE Argento - yes, I even thought Giallo was kinda fun.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 8:47am.
LivingDeadPunk's picture

Bitch, bitch, bitch... Is that all anyone ever does here? Fuck.

I like Drac and I like Dario (or, at least, his older movies) so I'll definitely give this a shot. Hopefully in a theater, if I can. I think Argento could do good things with this story.

And as far as the 3-D goes, sure, it's gimmicky, but they have to do something to get asses in theater seats.

Submitted by LivingDeadPunk on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 3:30am.

Woohoo, a guy who hasn't made a good movie in God knows how long, tackling the most generic subject in horror and using the newest piece of shit gimmick?

Excited?

In a word: no.

Submitted by G.D. on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 11:35pm.
Spaceshark's picture

I wonder how quick he'll get his daughter to be naked this time.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 9:12pm.
Dr Malachi Constant's picture

Well, it'll no doubt have more gallons of blood running down the screen than any previous adaptation. Beyond that, my expectations aren't very high. The movie'll probably make as much sense as a Japanese energy drink commercial.

Submitted by Dr Malachi Constant on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 6:43pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Asia is hot and can act very well when she wants to but if Mother of Tears was any indication Dario isn't what he used to be.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 4:11pm.
Tshoffie's picture

i will give it a shot just cause

Submitted by Tshoffie on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 3:38pm.
moderator Who wants to bet that Mina
Debi Moore's picture

Who wants to bet that Mina will be played by Asia? Yuck.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 3:18pm.

Asia is bloody hot, but can't act to save her life.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 3:24pm.

Why the hell is everyone jumping on the 3D bandwagon?

Submitted by Nibbets on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 3:10pm.
tedge1979's picture

I like how Argento's keen eye has chosen sales art of a taxidermied bat that appears to be nailed to the poster.

And its "Stereoscopic"? Yeah, there's a word to get the kids today excited. Might as well call it a "Moving picture show" while he's at it.

After GIALLO, I'm giving up.

Submitted by tedge1979 on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 2:58pm.

Et tu Dario? Et tu?
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 2:51pm.
FireRam's picture

Bless you. Need a kleenex?

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 4:25pm.

I am kleen enough you dolt.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 4:29pm.
FireRam's picture

My bad, thought you sneezed on yourself. Heh.

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 4:30pm.
You're such a

You're such a cupcake.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 4:34pm.