Exclusive: More Night of the Living Dead: Origins Images

More exclusive artwork has come our way for Zebediah de Soto's upcoming 3D animated feature film Night of the Living Dead: Origins, and like everything else we've seen from this project, things are lookin' pretty damned cool.

"I wanted to make this look like a living Monet; it's expressionism," de Soto said in an earlier interview. "It's going to be the first zombie movie played on a epic scale. This is the 'Empire of the Sun' of zombie films ... I lived through the L.A. riots and saw the city on fire; I remember seeing people running, people getting pulled out of cars. And with 9/11, these images have been ingrained on people of my generation. I just thought that is the way it would really be, a lot of chaos."

Director de Soto, who also pulls co-writing duties on the project, describes NOTLD: Origins, which will be in 3D, as "a living painting" and promises "no one has ever seen anything like this on the big screen."

Lending their likenesses and voices to the project, which showcases a zombie apocalypse in New York City, are Tony Todd as Ben, Danielle Harris as Barbra, Joe Pilato as Harry Cooper, Alona Tal (Jo on "Supernatural") as Helen Cooper, Bill Moseley as Johnny (reprising his portrayal of the same character in Tom Savini's 1990 NOTLD remake), Erin Braswell as Judy, Mike Diskint as Tom, Jesse Corti ("Heroes") as a news reporter, and Cornell Womack (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) as a no-nonsense New York cop.

Check out the exclusive artwork below. Strap in, kids. We have a strong feeling this is going to be something really fuckin' good!

Night of the Living Dead: Origins

Night of the Living Dead: Origins

Night of the Living Dead: Origins

Night of the Living Dead: Origins

Night of the Living Dead: Origins

Night of the Living Dead: Origins

Night of the Living Dead: Origins

Night of the Living Dead: Origins

Tell us of your origins in the Dread Central forums!

moderator Jesus, guys! What the

Jesus, guys! What the fuck?!? Enough with the name calling and insults. All of you. Comments stream locked.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 04/06/2010 - 2:36am.
Verdugo's picture

*Reads through pages of comments*

Huh, could have sworn this was about a zombie movie...

Submitted by Verdugo on Tue, 04/06/2010 - 1:37am.
r2d2's picture

Personally, I think it's awesome that of all people Zeb is re-imagining NOTLD. Every piece of work that Zebediah puts out is nothing but brilliant and perfection. I have complete faith that EVERY horror fan with be completely satisfied with this. Zeb is not the typical Hollywood schmoozy director who knows nothing about the horror genre. He is not the type of man who will just make a movie to make a quick buck. He has the utmost respect for Romero. He eats, sleeps, breaths horror,comics, and Star Wars and the last thing he will do is take such a iconic movie and destroy it.
Rock on my sexy baby and do what your here to do in this life. I believe in you. The movie WILL be award winning, like your big fat ginormous.....

brain... YOU WATCH.

Lu De Soto

Submitted by r2d2 on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 11:54pm.
FireRam's picture

I have read every post from start to finish and at this point have so much input/comments spinning in my head i'm just going to let it go and simply state: This is truly the most comical shit I have ever read on DC. Love it. I am thoroughly amused!

Submitted by FireRam on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 6:58pm.

Zombies...Go figure!

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 9:22pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

I just hope this is mind-blowingly brilliant after all the shit talking going on here.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 5:07pm.
zebediahdesoto's picture

I didn't come to make a:

"They came to talk and feel their feelings while talking about their feelings movie"

I came to make NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD using the population density of New York city.

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 5:38pm.

I was thinking the same thing Floydian. After all the pushing and boosting going on from DC and Zeb, I'd better have a hard on while watching.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 5:11pm.
zebediahdesoto's picture

I will tickle your balls silly...and turn your brown eye blue.

And the movie will rock.

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 5:35pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

And maybe he should be there to service you too.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 5:13pm.
zebediahdesoto's picture

Its only gay if your eyes are open

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 9:23pm.
FireRam's picture

You keep telling yourself that.
LOL

Submitted by FireRam on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 10:01pm.
zebediahdesoto's picture

I mean its only gay if the lights are off.

My bad...my bad.

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 10:04pm.
The Buz's picture

Okay guys, knock this shit off.

Last thing we need here is directors arguing with DC members. I'm talking to all of you.

Submitted by The Buz on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 4:19pm.
moderator Yeah what he said! LOL The

Yeah what he said! LOL

The one thing we all have got to keep in mind though is that all of this discussion including "the heat" is generated only because of how passionate all parties concerned are for the subject matter.

We all love zombies. And we love the chaos that they can cause even more! Being familiar with Zeb's work I can totally attest to his passion as well as what he'll bring to the table for us. Believe me, this is gonna be fucking insane.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 4:40pm.

I'm sure it will be, but does the fact that he's an immature sophomoric prick have any reflection on the insanity of his upcoming film? Just curious.

Looking forward to your fan fiction Zeb! I'm a huge fan of Night of the Living Dead.

Later gators.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 5:09pm.

THE VERDICT IS IN

In regards to childish responses:

Criticism of films to me are very much like people on trial in a sense.

We watch
We listen
THEN we judge

If an individual is to pass judgment on another person/film before one has even met the person/film.

There is something inherently off about that individuals judgement/perception.

No amount of positive or constructive conversation will change the fact that the Verdict was in before the Trial began.

So the logical conclusion is if one cannot reason with an individual, alternative methods of communication must be taken.

In the case of the Terminal Firefly VS NOTLDO

Terminal decided the movie was crap before he saw the movie. Plain and simple.

His line of questioning being destructive in terms of its execution as opposed to being constructive in its discovery of the true nature of what this film actually IS.

EXAMPLE:

How long has it been since anyone has seen a Horror film get nominated for an Academy award?

How many extraordinarily talented WRITERS, ACTORS, and DIRECTORS (ROMERO's 1965 NIGHT) have been passed over and thrown by the wayside due to the fact that

SOMEONE decided to pass JUDGEMENT

on their FILM just because it happened to be HORROR.

Attitudes being "FUCK the content" its a horror film.
I don't need to see the movie to know that it is not ACADEMY material.

All of the people that WE have respected and adored for decades being treated like nothing due to the fact that their talent found its light and adoration in this GENRE.

Now obviously the same thing happens within our own ranks. Everyone trying to draw a line so that they can say "This is us and that is them. AND THAT IS THAT. Because I know!"

I simply say watch the film and find out if it adds to the Genre or takes away from it.

Buy a ticket. Rent it. Shoplift it. Torrent it. Whatever...

Just make sure you know what your talking about before you decide you hate it.

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 2:35pm.
Vanvance1's picture

This idiot had gotten way too much attention already.

He's not the first vulture to pick the bones of the NOTLD title, he won't be the last.

The best thing we can do as horror fans is ignore him.

When the film comes out we can watch and post.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 2:42pm.
zebediahdesoto's picture

IGNORE HORROR FILMS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF!

"The best thing we can do as horror fans is ignore him."

First you play with Logic?

Then you fondle the nut sack of Immaturity?

Then you concede.

Did you ever have anything REAL to say?

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 3:08pm.
Verdugo's picture

Dude, you're really going to have to realize that not everybody will be looking forward to your movie.

Submitted by Verdugo on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 3:16pm.

True that.

But if someone is going to comment about the quality of my film.
I will comment back.

This a forum.

And I dig the fact that we can all talk shit to each other here. Even if we don't agree with each other.

I always hated the fact that directors never had anything to say to people who would comment on their movies.

You get some guy on an online interview and they answer pre selected questions. And thats all you get.

Screw that.

Direct questions will get direct answers. Any question muddied with sarcasm
will provoke an equally shit talking answer.

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 3:51pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

A little disappointed by the images. I'm on board for the story and like the idea of a really really huge scope. But based on the first teaser images that came out before these I was expecting something moodier.

Still, I have to say I'm looking forward to it.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Sun, 04/04/2010 - 10:41pm.
zebediahdesoto's picture

I will not disappoint my friend.

I am mentally masturbating to the "Walking dead"

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Sun, 04/04/2010 - 11:07pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Well, then I hope for the best. What is the anticipated release date anyways?

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 10:37pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I think a certain someone who's left 50 comment on this story must be related to the production.

Personally I love zombie flicks, but this really doesn't look promising. Try doing your own thing instead of trying to piggy back Romero's.

Just because it's computer animated doesn't mean it's different. I sense a generic story here. I hope I'm wrong but the material so far really does scream it.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sun, 04/04/2010 - 9:59pm.
zebediahdesoto's picture

Look at the big brain on Vanvance1!

That is truly some Sherlock Holmes type shit.

My call name is zebediahdesoto.

The Direktors name is Zebediah De Soto.

Fuckin weird? Fuckin coincidence?

I think not! LOL

I think the words "NO SHIT SHERLOCK" are in order.

Do you even know where the modern day zombie comes from?
Why people such as ourselves even make zombie movies the way we do?

Zombies were originally a bunch of voodoo enslaved assholes being led around by some witch doctor.

Romero RE-MADE Zombies.

Updated them.

And every other Zombie film maker since then has followed his rules and expanded on his story.

The first Horror film I ever was allowed to watch was Romero's.

Much bigger stories were being told by the main characters through a lot of exposition

exposition |ˌekspəˈzi sh ən|
noun
1 a comprehensive description and explanation of an idea or theory : an exposition and defense of Marx's writings.
• Music the part of a movement, esp. in sonata form, in which the principal themes are first presented.
• the part of a play or work of fiction in which the background to the main conflict is introduced.

I have wanted to see that part of the story in every Romero film since the original Night.

I am doing everything every Zombie fan has ever wanted to do since Romero created this sub genre.

I want to see it all.

I don't want actors telling me about it via dialogue.
This is a visual medium.

There is a whole generation of people who recognize "Night of the Living Dead" as being associated with zombies.

But that generation has no memory of Night being the first.

The foundation has to be reset.

This is my homage to ROMERO.

we need more Zombie films being made and led by fanboys (and Grrls) who get it.

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Sun, 04/04/2010 - 11:03pm.
Vanvance1's picture

You know what? I'm a hard core horror fan who has seen just about every zombie movie ever made. I also understand Roemro's place in the pantheon as the Godfather of the genre.

What you are is a pretentious shit-for-brains poseur who thinks copying someone else with computer graphics somehow makes you an auteur.

I'd tell you to find your own voice, but judging from your message content it would be the voice of a retarded child who thinks he's hot shit.

Also, newsflash; the zombie film has long been resurrected, reinterpreted and advanced. You're late to the party, pal. Very, very late. If you had ideas of your own you wouldn't be stealing the title of a classic.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 1:51am.

Pretentious?

Shit for brains?

Retarded child?

Computer Graphics?

I think your a KA-KA head

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 12:16pm.
Fucking A,

Fucking A, Vavance1.

Slapping a new coat of paint on a house doesn't mean you built it. Quit waving your dick around and just sit behind the camera and rehash Romero's stomping grounds like a good little boy.

When you come up with something original, I'll check it out with an open mind.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 2:01am.
zebediahdesoto's picture

Im am not waving my Dick around

IM SWINGING IT!

Decide that you don't like the movie without even seeing it.

Put your hand above your head.

Slowly goose step away from the theatre.

Submitted by zebediahdesoto on Mon, 04/05/2010 - 12:30pm.