Puppet Master - Axis of Evil Gets a Release Date!

As an unapologetic Puppet Master fan, I have no qualms with citing the upcoming sequel, Axis of Evil, as one of my most anticipated films of 2010. While they've gone off the rails with some of the previous sequels, this one looks like they've put some honest to goodness time and effort into getting it right. Soon, we'll all know the truth.

According to the film's official Facebook page, the toy box is re-opening on June 15th, 2010.

The film stars newcomer Levi Fiehler, August White wrote the screenplay, and Dave DeCoteau is in the director's seat.

Synopsis
In a Stateside hotel during the height of World War II, young Danny Coogan dreams of joining the war effort. Following the murder of hotel guest Mr. Toulon by Nazi assassins, Danny finds the old man's crate of mysterious puppets and is suddenly thrust into a battle all his own. He discovers that Nazis Max and Klaus, along with beautiful Japanese saboteur Ozu, plan to attack a secret American manufacturing plant. After his family is attacked and his girlfriend Beth is kidnapped, it is up to Danny and the living deadly Puppets to stop this Axis of Evil...

- MattFini

If this is bad, I will kill myself in the Dread Central forums!

Vanvance1's picture

I just rewatched the first Puppet Master and it's a very fun b-movie.

I hope the creators remember that what makes puppets fun is if they ARE puppets. If you computer generate them you wave 'bye bye' to their entertainment value.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 11:13pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

I want to give you a wet sloppy kiss full on the lips right now for saying that. :)

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Thu, 03/04/2010 - 12:17am.
FireRam's picture

Blade is my favorite. I'm a little disappointed right now. With this coming out I wanted to revisit the series watching them all from I to Legacy and I looked at Blockbuster (online) and all they have is Retro, Legacy, and DM vs. PM.I put Retro on my queue since really you could watch that first if you wanted to watch all in order but now I have to figure out an alternate means to view them.I am seriously (since I popped on the website) considering getting the action figures of the PM cast.They look rather cool.

Submitted by FireRam on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 9:21pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

I've got a screen used Pinhead from Puppet Master 3 so pretty obvious who's my favorite. Six Gun coming in close second.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 5:56pm.

I'm a big Puppet Master fan as well. The Jester is my favorite puppet, barnone.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 4:32pm.

Blade and Jester are my favorites.

Submitted by thedarkestshadow on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 5:14pm.

The Driller is no one to scoff at either.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 6:51pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

I'm a big Torch guy. Kinda sucks that he's been sidelined lately.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 4:53pm.
nonserviam03's picture

I agree. Torch is awesome. I heard something about them not using him a lot because the effects for him are more expensive. I don't know.

Is this getting a limited release or going straight to DVD?

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 5:49pm.