Official Word and Details: Paranormal Activity on DVD and Blu-ray

Finally, after years of waiting and one hell of a theatrical run, the movie that scared the hell out of most of the world, Oren Peli's Paranormal Activity, is coming home courtesy of Paramount Home Entertainment; and we've got the whens and whats for you first!

On December 29, 2009, the film will hit home just in time to ring in the new year with a scream. The DVD and two-disc Blu-ray include the original theatrical version of the film plus an unrated version with a shocking alternate ending not seen in theaters. No word yet on which ending this will be, but the smart money is on the festival ending. The Blu-ray also includes a digital copy of the theatrical version.

Honestly ... this release is kind of shockingly skimpy. Could an extas-heavy version be on the horizon sometime in 2010? We wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Check out the artwork below.

Official Word and Details: Paranormal Activity on DVD and Blu-ray

Official Word and Details: Paranormal Activity on DVD and Blu-ray

Make sure you are following @TweetYourScream on Twitter and have joined the official Paranormal Activity Facebook fan page!

Haunt others in the Dread Central forums!

fceurich39's picture

some people said only two endings were actually shot the slit throat ending never was filmed who knows

Submitted by fceurich39 on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 11:14am.
moderator It was filmed ... several
Debi Moore's picture

It was filmed ... several people have seen it, including me.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 2:06pm.
kiddcapone's picture

I downloaded a perfect copy of the movie, but I'll still end up buying the Blu-Ray. I want multiple endings! To be perfectly honest, the theatrical ending kind of ruined the movie for me. Everything was so fresh and anti-Hollywood and then the ending was typical Hollywood cliche BOO shit. It just didn't fit. It went from psuedo-reality based to completely unrealistic and gimmicky.

*UPDATE* I just fastforwarded to the ending of my copy I downloaded, and it's NOT the theatrical ending. So I'd be willing to bet this is the one they will be using on the DVD.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 10:43am.
RingoJ's picture

I've seen two of the endings, but I really want to see the slit version.

Submitted by RingoJ on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 4:02am.
Cash Bailey's picture

This whole 'Digital Copy' bullshit they're putting on Blu-Ray discs can go and get fucked.

If I'm buying a high-def version of a film I don't give a shit about paying five more dollars for some utterly useless low-res copy.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 3:47am.
krawlingkhaos's picture

Those of us who travel a lot appreciate having a copy to put onto ipods and such (at least until I get a blu-ray drive on the computer). It also makes it easier to show the movie to folks who don't have a blu-ray player (especially this movie, which definitely qualifies as an "oh, you have to see this right now" film.) I'd prefer it came with a DVD copy, like the Disney ones do, but oh well.

Submitted by krawlingkhaos on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 9:37am.
Cash Bailey's picture

How about including all of the multiple endings that Creepy has alluded to?

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 2:39am.
moderator That's what I'm saying!

That's what I'm saying!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 11/24/2009 - 3:21am.