Horror Coming Home: Zombie's Halloween II and Dead Snow

Information on when you can get your hands on two kind of underwhelming flicks that should have been a lot better dropped today. Zombie's psychobilly freak-out Halloween II and Tommy Wirkola's all too quirky zombie opus Dead Snow are both on their way!

According to Video ETA IFC Films will be dropping Dead Snow (which is currently available on Blockbuster DVD exclusively) onto DVD and Blu-ray on February 23, 2010. No special features have been announced.

Rob Zombie's Halloween II will be making its DVD and Blu-Ray debut on January 12, 2010. Yep, the alternate cut is on its way, and even though no special features have been announced, you can pretty much bet it will have a nice long documentary in tow. Say what you want about Zombie and his movies, the man knows how to treat fans with his DVD releases.

Look for more soon, including official specs and cover art.

Find horrors your home in the Dread Central forums!

Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

"you can pretty much bet it will have a nice long documentary in tow.Say what you want about Zombie and his movies, the man knows how to treat fans with his DVD releases."

In other words, it'll probably either be BD exclusive or held over for an eventual re-release of 'H2' on DVD/BD to tie-in with the theatrical release of 'H3'? Yep, Zombie knows how to milk his fans.

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Wed, 11/11/2009 - 8:03am.

Can't say I enjoyed Dead Snow, but those who crave blood and guts will get a kick out of it.

Submitted by will graham on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 9:23pm.

Halloween 2 rocked. One of the BEST horror movies released in 2009.

Submitted by Crankenstein on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 8:05pm.
Golly.

Golly.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 9:50pm.

Yay an alternate cut of H2. Now we have two versions of suckage.

"Say what you want about Zombie and his movies, the man knows how to treat fans with his DVD releases."

Wait--he still has fans? Freaky.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 6:38pm.
LifeMi's picture

To be honest, I don't know if the Director's Cut could possibly be worse, although lines like "I'm not strong enough!" and "Michael has evolved!" make it sound like it will be. RZ's H2 was, for me, the death nail for Michael Myers and I can't imagine spending even a single penny on that shitfest. Hell, I'll even take Druid surgery and Busta Rhymes kung fu over hillbilly skullfucking.

Submitted by LifeMi on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 7:28pm.
fceurich39's picture

no word yet if halloween II will have both versions on the blu-ray this i sure hope so

Submitted by fceurich39 on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 6:00pm.
nonserviam03's picture

I might end up picking up Dead Snow, I enjoyed it for what it was

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 5:14pm.
ChaosWeaver's picture

Yay can't wait to add Zombieween II to my collection!!(sarcasm)

I'd rather buy a Lommel film...

Submitted by ChaosWeaver on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 4:36pm.