Brad Fuller Talks the Newest Nightmare

By now we've all seen the Platinum Dunes trailer for the unnecessary A Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Now everyone's favorite producer, Brad Fuller, is sounding off about the response, Freddy's look and more. Keep reading if you dare!

Fuller had lots to say on the subject of Freddy via the Platinum Dunes Blog and, unfortunately, I don't like a word of it.

The film will definitely wear an R rating, and Jackie Earle Haley is still working on perfecting his voice based on research done on burn victims. On the look of the character, Fuller said: "We are continuing to refine Freddy's look. Many people commented about the CGI on his face - and I don't want to give everything away but I will say this - Freddy's face is 98% practical make-up. Moreover, as you now know we went hardcore on what a burn victim really looks like, and I can't imagine what the comments would have been if he DIDN'T look like a real burn victim."

Oh yeah, and Freddy's voice sucks.

- MattFini

Go Greek in the Dread Central forums!

Fuck everyone involved in this tripe! Assholes!

Submitted by ambear913 on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 9:22pm.
DeTuinman's picture

Looks like every other damn Platinum Shite remake....
Blue and sterile....
The mind is like a parachute...it only works when it is open.
F.Zappa

Submitted by DeTuinman on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 5:45am.

where's the news about f13th part 13? 'cause the real deal to me!

Submitted by ryan74 on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 4:28am.
maikii's picture

But guys, they "went hardcore" with this movie, so it HAS to be good... right?

Submitted by maikii on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 1:55am.
Tshoffie's picture

Hands Down this films gonna suck balls just like the rest of the platnum dunes bullshit remakes have..

Submitted by Tshoffie on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 1:34am.

I think you shouldve stayed as close as possible to his true face this is nothing more than a freddy wannabe

Submitted by treyjmd on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 1:18am.
rupp30's picture

I've been away from Dreadcentral for way too long. This new "nightmare" has brought me back out of my cave.

I don't like to be negative but it appears to me as though this project is already going downhill in a hurry. Haley's voice as Freddy is pathetic, Freddy doesn't look like a burn victim, he looks a damned burnt cat! I'm about tired of Platinum Dunes now. Someone needs to shut down that company along with Michael Bay and Brad Fuller.

Does Fuller even know what a horror film is? Better yet, did he ever watch a Nightmare On Elm Street film while growing up? Or at all maybe?

_SedanHollows_

Submitted by rupp30 on Thu, 10/01/2009 - 11:59pm.
Spaceshark's picture

Burnt cats do not qualify as burn victims? That's speciesist.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 8:42am.

i agree to the fullest

Submitted by treyjmd on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 1:20am.