Lionsgate Dumps Joel Schumacher's Blood Creek into Theatres ... Today.

Lionsgate Dumps Joel Schumacher's Blood Creek into Theatres ... Today.Remember that flick Town Creek we told you about a while ago? We first brought it to your attention that Joel Schumacher was working on a horror flick having to do with the Nazis' obsession with creating the master race way back in 2007. Well, it's in theatres now. Really. It is. Well ... sort of.

According to The Blood Shot Eye the flick is now in limited release in a handful of second-run two-dollar theatres. Song sound familiar?

"Internet gorehounds wailed over the mistreatment of "Meat Train," but now Lionsgate is doing it again: Tomorrow (Friday, Sept. 18), the utterly unheralded -- even online -- Blood Creek opens at the Bartlett 10, and, apparently, almost nowhere else in the world, other than some second-run theaters in Dallas, Orlando, and a few other cities."

Blood Creek (as it is now known) stars Dominic Purcell, Henry Cavill, and Michael Fassbender. The movie opens in 1936 during the height of the Nazis' power, then brings us into modern times with the ghosts of the past coming back to haunt today’s world. If you happen to catch it, let us know how it is; otherwise we'll be waiting for the DVD, which will probably be out next week.

And the band played on ...

Go up the creek without a paddle in the Dread Central forums!

Submitted by Nathanial (not verified) on Thu, 11/12/2009 - 12:50pm.
vorodex999's picture

I saw this last night at the $1.50 theater in East Texas and then took my friends to see it we were all pleasntly suprised with it. It was...good. Not great mind you but a fun time more so than Halloween 2 or dare I say The Collector. I hate it that it was just dumped into theaters as everyone seemed to like it. It was well acted ad the Bad/villain was pretty damn cool. especially what they could do to things. Really cool. SOrry but I liked it a good 3/12 stars out of 5

Submitted by vorodex999 on Sun, 09/20/2009 - 10:48pm.
vorodex999's picture

All I have to say is this ZOMBIE HORSES OR POSSESSED HORSES THAT BITE INTO PEOPLE.

Submitted by vorodex999 on Sun, 09/20/2009 - 11:03pm.
Mr. Dark's picture

One of the theaters it's at just happens to be about two blocks away. Guess I know what we're doing tomorrow afternoon. :)

Submitted by Mr. Dark on Sat, 09/19/2009 - 2:18am.
Styling Shatner's picture

As I live right by Orlando I guess I'm obliged to go to it. I mean, I saw it was booked there a few days ago when I was on Fandango, looking at that theatre for another movie's showtimes. The link they provided to the movie was incorrect, so I looked on my own and I was shocked to see who the director was. I didn't know who was putting it out but realistically, I should've known. The plot doesn't sound too enticing but for the sake of the pubic and the cheap ticket price, I'll check it out.

Submitted by Styling Shatner on Fri, 09/18/2009 - 8:07pm.
Emilie Noetzel's picture

I checked the Temecula theater that had Midnight Meat Train and they don't have Blood Creek. Could have been interesting to see.

Submitted by Emilie Noetzel on Fri, 09/18/2009 - 6:50pm.
Agonistes's picture

How did this happen? I am not a fan of Schumacher, but he aint a B-grade director either.-

Submitted by Agonistes on Fri, 09/18/2009 - 6:23pm.
Kyle Reese's picture

Schumacher deserves this, Midnight Meat Train did not.

Submitted by Kyle Reese on Fri, 09/18/2009 - 6:03pm.
Rorschach's picture

Can't agree with that...I dislike Schumacher myself, but it's not him I'm thinking about when I see stuff like this; it's the rest of the cast and crew who busted their asses making this movie, presumably with the thought that they'd be making a big release movie with a name director....and then their effort doesn't mean shit because the company dumps their film straight into the second run theaters where, even if you DO have one near you, barely anyone is going to go see it.

What really isn't fair is that this CONTINUALLY happens to good films, deserving films, and yet every last fucking ____ MOVIE created by Friedberg and Seltzer, who should have long ago had their right to make movies revoked, gets the golden treatment from the studios, with marketing out the ass and never ending hype.

Submitted by Rorschach on Sat, 09/19/2009 - 3:00am.