Sam Mendes: Preacher May Roll in 2010

Sam Mendes: Preacher May Roll in 2010The talk about a Preacher film has been going on forever. Now, according to director Sam Mendes it looks as if it may be happening next year. Of course, I'm not holding my breath, but I do have my fingers crossed.

According to an interview Mendes did with Collider, writer John August is currently working on a script that will find preacher Jesse Custer at odds with all manner of craziness in his quest to find God. Mendes hopes to roll cameras in 2010.

Check out the above link for the entire news item including a video interview with Mendes.

Talk about your doom cock in the Dread Central forums!

Cash Bailey's picture

As for casting, the only one I can really think of right now is Amy Smart should play Tulip.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Wed, 05/13/2009 - 3:16pm.
Chainsaw's picture

I honestly do not think anyone is going to be able to make Preacher the way it needs to be made. Any hope of that died with Watchmen not burning up the box office. I would love to see it, I just don't think it's going to work.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 2:55am.
Cash Bailey's picture

PREACHER is the greatest comic book series of all time.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 1:10am.
moderator I don't know. I LOVED

I don't know. I LOVED Preacher but The Walking Dead? That's where it's at for me!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 4:19am.
Cash Bailey's picture

I didn't like THE WALKING DEAD at all. But that's a whole other rant for another time.

To me nothing touches PREACHER for amazing characters, endlessly creative storylines and some of the funniest dialogue ever written.

Put it this way, I've never enjoyed reading a comic as much as PREACHER. And any horror fans interested should check out the one-shot 'Blood and Whiskey'. It's laugh-out-loud hilarious and completely demolishes the Anne Rice-style vampires and the morons that love them.

I wonder what Cassidy would have made of TWILIGHT...

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 4:26pm.
moderator I'm the opposite. Loved
Debi Moore's picture

I'm the opposite. Loved Walking Dead but just couldn't get into Preacher. As much as I tried, none of the characters really resonated with me. And Cassidy is so my kind of guy. The female characters especially just left me cold and uncaring about what happened to them. But even so, I'm still looking forward to the film version, depending of course on the casting.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 5:05pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

It's to the point where I refuse to be excited about this.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Tue, 05/12/2009 - 1:08am.