Friday the 13th Remake Blu-ray / DVD Art

Warner Bros sent us over the teaser Blu-ray/DVD ad for Platinum Dunes' Friday the 13th redux. Wanna know what's coming? Dig it, baby!

The standard DVD will include the theatrical version. The "Killer Cut" DVD will include the extended edition and The Rebirth of Jason Voorhees featurette.

The Blu-Ray will include both cuts, the featurette, and the following: Terror Trivia Track, Hacking Back/Slashing Forward, and The 7 Best Kills.

Check out the ad below and look for both packages on June 16th.

Friday the 13th Remake Blu-ray / DVD Art

Talk remakes in the Dread Central forums!

vorodex999's picture

OK Ok, I have to admit it, i did enjoy this Friday the 13th, not the best but hell of a lot better than the Halloween remake and the last few jason films. Derek Mears is a good Jason and with a sequel can make it his own like Kane Hodder. As much as I like Hatchet, its not really the best slasher film. I love VIctor CRowley, but it really plays too much as a comedy. I always felt that maybe it should have been a bit longer and fleshed out but I also understand as to how Adam Green made it, which is why I do like the film. I would say Laid to Rest was a better film than Hatchet and the new Friday. Creative kills, great gore some pretty good acting and hell I liked Chromeskull, just as much as Victor Crowley. I think Hatchet 2 will be a better film though.

Submitted by vorodex999 on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 12:40pm.
Chainsaw's picture

The Seven Best Kills? Why not just play the trailer and you've got all 13 kills!

Submitted by Chainsaw on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 11:36pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

RISE OF LESLIE VERNON and HATCHET blow the ever lovin' shit out of this crappy remake. Add LAID TO REST to that list as well.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 5:24pm.
doubleh55's picture

I can't claim to have seen the new F13 but I can claim to have seen Hatchet and Leslie. Both films I feel are overrated. I would even go so far and claim that Hatchet gets a pass from this site due to friendships of Adam Green. But that's ok because at least I can recognize that Adam Green has some talent because I really quite adore Spiral. But Hatchet suffers from all the same problems people tend to complain about slasher films of the new millenium.

Leslie Vernon just sucks.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 6:17pm.

The problem with Hatchet is that it was sold to us as "old school horror" when in reality, it was a shitty splatter comedy. What a pile of garbage that was.

Leslie Vernon was ok (but never great) up until the part when the guy forgets that it was supposed to be a fake documentary and turned it into a hacky, regular, shitty slasher movie.

Submitted by G.D. on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 9:44pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

Wow. I had a great time with both movies. Guess someone OD'd on their bitter pills this morning.

Victor Crowley is far more entertaining than this rehashed Jason bullshit.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 12:27pm.

Who's bitter? I haven't thought of Hatchet or Behind the Mask in the longest time till I read this thread.

But you go ahead and believe that if it makes you feel superior.

Submitted by G.D. on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 3:36pm.
FilmCritic3000's picture

I wonder if, when you open the case, the DVD has great disc placement.

Submitted by FilmCritic3000 on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 12:43pm.
doubleh55's picture

DSIC, can you give me some slasher movies of the last 5 years that you could recommend that are good? Besides the Bloody Valentine redux and please don't say Hatchet.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 11:18am.
PelusaMG's picture

"The Rise of Leslie Vernon" would be one of my first choices...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 2:09pm.
Didn't See It Coming's picture

Geez, even the font is completely uninspired.

Submitted by Didn't See It Coming on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 10:38am.