UPDATED: Lou Perryman's Passing a Possible Murder

RIP Lou PerrymanLou Perryman, perhaps best known to fans as "L.G." from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, was found dead by police in his South Austin home after being tipped off to the crime by the suspect himself.

It's always terrible to lose someone. This case is made even more tragic in that Lou was taken from his friends and family before his time. Those that knew him personally regarded him as a loving and happy person, and his Facebook page has quickly filled up with condolences and farewells.

His daughter Jennifer updated his Facebook status with this message:

"This is Lou's daughter, Jennifer. My Dad died on Wednesday, April 1. He was a wonderful man and was so happy to have you all in his life. He was blessed."

Shock Till You Drop received word back from Jennifer with a link to a local site regarding Lou Perryman's murder.

According to an article posted here, suspect Seth Christopher Tatum has a history of violent crime to his name. Family members say Seth was abusive and unstable. His mother commented that he was turned down for treatment just prior to the incident due to not having insurance.

MyFoxAustin.com reported that earlier that day Tatum had brutally attacked his roommate, lacerating his hands and face and fracturing his skull. They also note that Seth was released from prison in November where he was serving time for robbery.

There is as of yet no word about Seth's motive or if he even knew Lou. Our sincere condolences go out to Lou's family and friends.

Update

Local station KEYE-TV has posted more on this tragic incident both on their website and in the video below. Our hearts, prayers, and thoughts go out to the entire Perryman family.

- Jon Condit

Discuss Lou's legacy in the Dread Central forums!

Oh my god.
I am speachless.
I had the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Perryman last year, and I am being sincere when I say he was one of the coolest people I ever met.

Rest in peace Lou.

Submitted by The Butcher on Sun, 04/05/2009 - 12:15pm.
Chainsaw's picture

I am utterly heartbroken by this. I just added Lou on my Facebook, and he even sent me a message back, talking about a comment I had made about Creepy. In hindsight, I really wish I could have talked to him more, he seemed like about as standup a guy as you can get. This is truly tragic, and I'm getting sick of bad things happening to us in the horror community.

Rest In Peace, Lou.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Sat, 04/04/2009 - 5:55pm.
Heather Buckley's picture

Wonderful job Creepy. I am still very sad...

Submitted by Heather Buckley on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 10:32pm.
elric300's picture

What a sad and senseless death.

Anger...for people allowing a disturbed man with serious problems to wander the streets unmedicated.

Sadness...for losing a wonderful man and wonderful character actor

I don't really know what more to say, just right now.

Submitted by elric300 on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 9:57pm.

Oh man...how tragic. I also live in south Austin, and let me tell you, it's not a safe part of town. There are many streets I specifically avoid, like East Riverside. This makes me furious.

Submitted by Justin Warren on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 6:20pm.
Cthulhu23's picture

A senseless and tragic loss. R.I.P. Lou

Submitted by Cthulhu23 on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 4:53pm.

This is very sad indeed. My prayers go out to his family. Also; what in the hell kind of system do we have that won't get mentally ill people help because of them not having insurance?! Now just look at what it's lead to! This could have very well been prevented. Sad indeed.

Submitted by Avery on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 4:32pm.
Heather Buckley's picture

I am so broken up about this.

Submitted by Heather Buckley on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 3:13pm.
moderator How very tragic. Rest in
Sifu Scott's picture

How very tragic. Rest in peace Lou. And I hope the piece of shit that murdered him and took him away from his family rots for it.

Submitted by Sifu Scott on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 3:09pm.
admin moderator Such a horrible story. Lou
Jon Condit's picture

Such a horrible story. Lou had just recently sent me an add request on Facebook which I thought was awesome since I had never met him personally. From the looks of the postings there he brightened a lot of peoples lives.

RIP Lou, you will certainly be missed.

Submitted by Jon Condit on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 3:07pm.
moderator It's never easy to report on

It's never easy to report on such sad, sad, news. This news however makes me furious. Our community has lost a true gentleman. He will be missed. Godspeed, Lou.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 2:55pm.
Rorschach's picture

I feel similarly. I am saddened by Lou's passing, yet angered by the circumstances, which were so very preventable.

RIP, Lou.

Submitted by Rorschach on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 6:18pm.