Fox Consumer Products is opening a complimentary “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” fan gifting suite at the upcoming New York Comic Con in celebration of the iconic show’s 20th Anniversary; and if you’ll be at the 2017 NYCC, you don’t want to miss out! But you’ll need to register for a spot because it’s a one-day only event that coincides with the launch of BuffySlays.com, an all-new online shopping destination for exclusive “Buffy” merchandise.
Read on for all the details!
From the Press Release:
The 20th Anniversary celebration of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” continues with a one-of-a-kind fan experience during New York Comic Con (running October 5-8, 2017). For years celebrities have been invited to gifting suites to fill up their bags with complimentary items, but this time Buffy’s loyal fandom will have the opportunity to do the same at the Buffy Fan Gifting Suite. The New York City suite will be open for one day only on Friday, October 6th, from 1-6 PM, allowing attendees to choose a few items from a wide assortment of Buffy merchandise – from apparel and accessories to games and brand new books – all for FREE!
Starting today, fans of the iconic series can select a gifting suite appointment time and find additional details by visiting BuffySlays.com – the new online shopping destination from 20th Century Fox Consumer Products showcasing exclusive Buffy merchandise. While registration for the Buffy Fan Gifting Suite is on a first-come/first-served basis, wait list information will be posted in the days ahead on the Buffy Facebook page. A New York Comic Con badge is not a requirement to access the gifting suite.
The Buffy Fan Gifting Suite will feature a wide variety of apparel, merchandise, and unique collectibles that have been released this year in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the iconic TV show. Participating partners are highlighted below.
· The gifting suite will feature a selection of exclusive Buffy merchandise from Fox Consumer Product’s all-new shopping portal, BuffySlays.com. Items currently available now for purchase include a Buffy varsity jacket, a selection of unique tees, mugs, blankets, notebooks, posters, and more.
· Releasing next month, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Official Grimoire: A Magickal History of Sunnydale (Insight Editions) is the first and only truly comprehensive collection of every magical moment from all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, humorously narrated by beloved resident witch Willow Rosenberg. Completely illustrated and annotated by the rest of the gang, this book of spells is a unique keepsake for fans of the Buffy-verse and an incredible celebration of the show’s twenty-year legacy. This grimoire from the baddest witch around will teach potential slayers and aspiring wiccans everything they’ll ever need to know about magic in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
· Buffy: Demons of the Hellmouth, from Titan Books, is a fully licensed guide to the vampires and other demons that flocked to the Sunnydale Hellmouth. This in-universe illustrated guide is written by Rupert Giles and also contains handwritten notes from Buffy and Willow.
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia: The Ultimate Guide to the Buffyverse (Harper Design) is a comprehensive, authorized compendium of all things Buffy the Vampire Slayer, published in celebration of the revered show’s twentieth anniversary. Coming October 3rd, fans can discover Buffy’s world fully with this full-color A-to-Z encyclopedia that catalogs, explains, and cross-references every detail of the Buffyverse, from characters, locations, and weapons to episodes, demons, and recurring gags. Packed with content from the television show, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia is the first companion book that also includes key facts from the official canon comics and its spin-off show Angel—making this comprehensive volume the only truly complete guide to the entire Buffyverse. Lavishly produced and written by Buffy experts, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia is the authoritative source for fans, allowing them to indulge in the intricacies and nuances of the series as never before. With color stills and photography throughout, an eerie cover with special effects, and an incredible design that reflects the show’s aesthetics, this fully authorized companion is a must-have for all Buffy enthusiasts.
· Funko, purveyor of pop culture and licensed-focused collectibles, will feature at the gifting suite their brand new Funko Rock Candy: Buffy the Vampire Slayer-Willow Collectible Figure and Funko Rock Candy Vampire Slayer-Buffy Collectible Figure. Additionally, Funko’s New York Comic Con booth (#722) will offer an exclusive Buffy the Vampire Slayer Pop! 2-pack! (Buffy & Faith). Following NYCC, this 2-Pack will only be only available at BoxLunch stores and BoxLunch.com. BoxLunch, a cause-driven pop-culture gift store, offers fans numerous Buffy items to purchase including apparel, accessories, and collectibles. For every $10 spent in-store or online, BoxLunch helps provide a meal to a person in need through their partnership with Feeding America.
· The team of imaginative pop culture fanatics at Ripple Junction have locked themselves in the library and studied up on the last 20 years of fandom celebrating Buffy. Ripple Junction has developed a full line of tees for young men and women available at major retail outlets, as well as ripplejunction.com and Amazon.com.
· Releasing on October 3rd from Simon & Schuster, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 20 Years of Slaying: The Watcher’s Guide Authorized is a special hardcover collector’s edition of the authorized Buffy the Vampire Slayer Watcher’s Guides, now with updated content from the cast and crew! Just in time for the show’s twentieth anniversary, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Watcher’s Guides have been compiled into one hardcover collector’s edition for the first time! Inside, you’ll find all the best content from Volumes 1–3 of the original Watcher’s Guides, as well as exclusive new content, including never-before-seen interviews with the cast and crew.
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer Adult Coloring Book (Dark Horse) – Enter the world of the Slayer, the Chosen One who wields the skill to fight vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness. Favorite characters and moments from the beloved television series are represented in this delightful adult coloring book. Contains 45 black-and-white, detailed, and original illustrations.
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Big Bads & Monsters Adult Coloring Book (Dark Horse) brings to life these ready-to-color pages filled with your favorite Big Bads and monsters in your own way in this follow-up to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Adult Coloring Book. Forty-five original black and white illustrations give you the Chosen One and all the Scoobies and a rogues gallery of the very worst and most interesting vampires, demons, witches, and more, interspersed with elements of magic, a little humor, and the heart of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
· From Jasco, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game where players must help Buffy The Vampire Slayer protect Sunnydale from the forces of evil in this fully cooperative board game.
· Hot Topic, the retail destination for music and pop-culture inspired clothes and accessories, plus fashion apparel for girls and guys, is celebrating 20 years of slaying. Hot Topic offers a wide selection of Buffy merchandise inspired by beloved characters from the show including Willow’s iconic pink, fuzzy sweater; tops featuring memorable quotes from the series; and more.
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Vampyr Stationery Set includes a 192-page blank pocket journal, 20 blank notecards featuring iconic Buffy quotes, envelopes, and 20 Hellmouth sticker seals. Enclosed in a keepsake box designed to look like it came from Giles’ library, this special stationery set allows fans to share the world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with their fellow Scoobies. (Insight Editions)
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Vampyr Hardcover Ruled Journal includes a section of text adapted from the original Slayer Handbook before giving way to blank ruled pages. Atmospheric, engrossing, and designed with a dynamic in-universe aesthetic, this blank ruled journal invites readers to add their own story to the legacy of the Slayer. (Insight Editions)
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Sunnydale High Hardcover Ruled Journal is a finely crafted writing journal that includes a ribbon bookmark, elastic closure, inside back pocket for storage, and beautiful leatherette cover featuring the iconic emblem of Sunnydale High. (Insight Editions)
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Season 8 Vol 1 (Dark Horse) – A New York Times bestseller! Series creator Joss Whedon brought Buffy the Vampire Slayer back to life with this comics-only follow-up to Season 7 of the television show. Aptly named Season 8, these comics are the official sequel to Buffy and continue where the live-action series left off with the Slayer, her friends, and their ongoing challenge to fight the forces of darkness. This oversized omnibus edition is one of two volumes that will contain the entirety of Season 8. Contains Buffy Season 8 Library Edition Volumes 1-2 (excluding sketchbook materials), all series covers (Buffy Season 8 #1-#20), the Willow one-shot Goddesses and Monsters, and the “Always Darkest” short from MySpace Dark Horse Presents #24.
UK Toy Fair 2018: Entertainment Earth Unveils a Nosferatu Glow in the Dark ReAction Figure
Toy Fair 2018 is officially under way in the UK, and we’re honored to team up with Entertainment Earth to reveal their exclusive Nosferatu Glow in the Dark ReAction Figure. It’s a variant of the “regular” Nosferatu, which is the most popular figure in this line.
We have the full details and a few images below so dig in!
About the Nosferatu Glow in the Dark ReAction Figure:
Count Orlok comes complete with eerie green glow. The Nosferatu Glow in the Dark ReAction Figure – Entertainment Earth Exclusive takes his inspiration from years gone by, bringing the famous monster to “life” as a 3-3/4-inch scale action figure – but with an evil aura.
Packaged on a retro 6-inch x 9-inch cardback, classic figure collectors can’t miss this awesome figure! Ages 14 and up. It’s being produced in a limited quantity.
CLICK HERE for more info and to pre-order yours now! It’s scheduled to arrive in February 2018.
Funko Giving Jurassic Park the Pop! Treatment as Only They Can
It is no secret we’re BIG fans of Funko’s Pop! Vinyl line here at DC HQ, and now they’ve announced a new series that has made our hearts just about burst… read on for a look at Pop! Movies: Jurassic Park, heading our way in February. The regular figures are awesome on their own, but wait until you see the exclusives!
From the Funko Blog:
Jurassic Park fans, get excited! To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the iconic film’s appearance on the silver screen, Jurassic Park is coming to Pop!
This series of Pop! features paleontologist Dr. Grant, Jurassic Park CEO John Hammond, mathematician Dr. Malcolm, and embryo-smuggler Dennis Nedry. (Keep an eye out for Dr. Ellie Sattler in Pop! Rides coming soon.)
We couldn’t forget the Jurassic Park dinosaurs! Featured in this line are the great T. rex, Velociraptor, and Dilophsaurus. Look for the Dilophosaurus chase, a rarity of 1-in-6.
Be on the lookout for exclusives. At Target you can find a wounded Dr. Malcolm, and the Dennis Nedry and Dilophosaurus 2-pack is available only at Entertainment Earth.
Vintage Toy Finder ALERT! If You Collect This Is a MUST-READ!
Anyone who knows me knows that when it comes to collectibles, I’m like a moth to a flame. Especially vintage toys. I, like many of you, grew up in a dysfunctional family circus. When I reached a certain age, my parents saw fit to take my most beloved toys and give them away to younger kids or just trash them completely. I’m still devastated. My childhood was pretty much nil, and I’ve been swimming in chaos ever since.
Once things finally “calmed down” a bit, I began reclaiming these relics of happier times. Damned straight I got an 18″ Kenner Alien, a Stretch X-Ray doll, a Mighty Men and Monster Maker, the Bermuda Triangle board game, etc. I revel in them as few items make me as happy as they do. As a result I always keep my eye out for things, specifically horror related toys I may have missed.
Enter 1967’s Ka-Bala, the most insane and intricate Ouija board I’ve ever seen. I don’t use Ouijas, but once I saw this, it was love at first shiver. The problem with collecting toys like this is that rarely can you find them complete. For Christmas Debi tracked down Ka-Bala for me, BUT we were missing the instructions. There’s not much sense in playing or having a board game if you don’t know said rules.
I scoured the Internet but only came up with a few sites that were charging astronomical prices for replacement parts and/or instructions. It was ludicrous. So I busted out my Creepy resources and asked our resident board game loony David Hahn, who writes Last Meeple Standing for us, for some help. Within days he and his wondrous wife, Tiffany (who also works with David on Meeple), led me to a site called Lost and Found Vintage Toys maintained by Brenda Roudabush.
Brenda, who says she has “gotten to play happiness broker several times reuniting vintage kids with their old long lost toys,” got right to work and sent me some amazing scans of the instructions and more.
After piquing my interest with her knowledge of such things, I can’t recommend her more. If you’re a collector, and chances are very good that you are because, well you’re reading this, make sure to check out the site listed above. It’s like an encyclopedia of happiness! Enjoy, and tell her Creepy sent ya!
For even more fun check out my other go-to toy site, Raymond Castile’s Gallery of Monster Toys. Quick trivia re Ray… He’s the spitting image of Coffin Joe and played young Zé do Caixão in José Mojica Marins’ 2008 film Embodiment of Evil. How friggin’ cool is that? It’s a small and sometimes wonderful world, I tell ya!
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Who Goes There Podcast: Ep 152 – Cloverfield Paradox & The Ritual
Ryan Schifrin’s Abominable Gets a Sasquatch-Sized Blu-Ray
Horror Retro Caps Boasts Hats Featuring The Lamp, The Video Dead, Rosemary’s Killer and more!
Jurassic Park T-Rex Stomps Through Ready Player One Trailer #3
Someone Figured Out How Many Miles the It Follows Creature Walked
Exclusive: Saw Escape Room Las Vegas Review, Video Interviews with Creator Jason Egan and Series Star Tobin Bell
Winchester: Before the Movie, See Dread Central’s Paranormal Investigation of the Actual Winchester Mansion
Hellraiser: Judgment Review – Pinhead Returns in a Truly Solid Sequel
First Look at the Samurais vs. Kaiju Medieval Monster Movie Koujin
Silent Hill: Revelation Director Opens Up On Movie’s Failings; “It Was a Nightmare Dance”
Ron Bonk’s Positively Bonkers House Shark Ready to Swim Home
New Trailer Takes You to A Quiet Place
Cult TV Mini-Series V Big-Budget Film Adaptation Announced
Hellraiser: Judgment – Exclusive Gag Reel Will Have You Giggling
Gorgeous Highly Limited Edition Signed Copies of Stephen King’s Misery Coming This Summer
News5 days ago
Pacific Rim Uprising Is Nowhere Near as Metal as The Asylum’s Atlantic Rim: Resurrection Trailer
News5 days ago
Shane Black’s The Predator Release Date Pushed Back
News4 days ago
First Look: Metallica’s James Hetfield and Zac Efron’s Ted Bundy Face-Off
News5 days ago
Single-player Challenges Coming to Friday the 13th: The Game
News4 days ago
Five Chilling Period Haunted House Movies
News5 days ago
Exclusive First Look: The Dawn Starring Devanny Pinn, Ryan Kiser, and Stacey Dash
Editorials3 days ago
Why Netflix and David Bruckner’s The Ritual Scared the Hell Out Of Me
News5 days ago
John Carpenter Talks the Movie That Inspired His Career, Future Plans, and Halloween