It sure doesn’t have the gigantic budget of Jurassic World (or Chris Pratt… sorry, ladies), but the new low-budget monster film Terrordactyl, from directors Don Bitters and Geoff Reisner, still has a big-ass dinosaur, and that’s all we could ask for!
Terrordactyl will have a panel at Comic-Con on Saturday, July 23, and is also available now on VOD. And the bottom poster below totally does not look like the logo from a certain ghostly franchise!
TERRORDACTYL: Blockbuster Film Effects on a Shoestring Budget
When: 1:00-2:00 pm on Saturday, July 23, 2016
Where: Pacific 23, North Tower, Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
The creators of the indie monster comedy Terrordactyl have discovered a way to win the toughest battle yet…making and selling a monster film on a small budget. Jason Tobias (star), Don Bitters (co-director/writer/VFX supervisor), Geoff Reisner (co-director/DP/editor), Eric Edmonds (producer), and Christopher Jennings (star/executive producer) will give tips on how to create a microbudgeted film that will sell — from preproduction, through a streamlined production and post pipeline, to attracting a distributor and marketing to audiences. They walk you through the process of how they made — and sold — a film with huge battles and monster visual effects way beyond their budgetary constraints. This panel will be moderated by Fast Company’s Susan Karlin.
When a meteor shower rains down outside Los Angeles, Jonas and Lars head out to find a meteor and strike it rich. After recovering one, they start being stalked by terrordactyls, flying reptiles that launch a full-on assault on the city. Trying to survive, they go on the run with Candice, a bartender; Valerie, her sultry roommate; and Sampson, a brash ex-Marine. They must become the unlikeliest of heroes and fight to take back Los Angeles and make the terrifying terrordactyls extinct once again.
- One-Eye I had the game on the venerable Commodore64 and it was shit. I could just never figure out how to play it and I got killed every time.
- The One and Only One you might've missed was PREDATOR Vs. MAGNUS:ROBOT FIGHTER from 1993 that Dark Horse did with Valiant Comics. Fun two issue mini having Magnus fight a Predator in the Mile Spires of the 41st...
- Jason Pankoke RIP the "Hollywood" R/Greenberg. He went to school and taught at the University of Illinois where I live before moving to NYC and starting his first design firm. I have a souvenir book of an exhibit...
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Jon Bernthal’s Shane Returning to THE WALKING DEAD?
SLEEP EATERS Review – A Serious Case Of The Flesh-Munchies Strikes Back!
Brennan Went to Film School: Whoops, I Went and Did a Queer Interpretation of PREDATOR
Filming Begins on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2
Exclusive: 7 SPLINTERS IN TIME Clip Doesn’t Know Who to Trust
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials6 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News6 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL
News4 days ago
RKSS’ Nostalgia Thriller SUMMER OF ’84 Lands Summer of ’18 Release Date
Reviews4 days ago
ZOMBIE 3 Blu-ray Review – The Combined Might Of Three Italian Gorehounds Makes For One Insane Adventure