So you’ve made (or are making) what you think is an incredible zombie-themed short film, but you’re having a hard time getting the word out about it. Breaking into the film business isn’t easy, but Jesse Baget’s Ruthless Pictures and DC are about to kick open the door for you!
Listen up, indie filmmakers: Pre-production on the new anthology Zombieworld has officially begun.
Survivors across the world struggle to overcome horrifying circumstances when a pandemic brings about a zombie apocalypse.
Zombieworld (tentatively titled; subject to change) will be an anthology of blood, guts, and mayhem brought to life by a group of exciting new directors from around the world.
Commenting on the film, Ruthless Pictures producer Jesse Baget (currently in production on the company’s most recent project, Day of the Mummy) said, “As a fan of the zombie genre, I’m excited to be part of this film along with Dread Central. Zombieworld will showcase the unique the vision of young, up-and-coming filmmakers from around the world and inject fresh new blood into the genre.”
Here at Dread Central we’ve always been incredibly indie film-friendly so here’s what’s on tap for you guys… Zombieworld already has WORLDWIDE distribution from one of the horror genre’s finest purveyors so we can guarantee that no matter what, you’re gonna get the exposure and notoriety that you deserve. Zombieworld is without question the open door you have been looking for. That being said, here’s how to enter.
Send us your entry via the form you see below with a private link or the actual HD file of your film. From there both Ruthless Pictures and Dread Central staff will watch the films and select the best of the best to be included in the project, and selected winners will also nab themselves $100 in the process. But what if your film is the best of the best? Well then, not only will you be included in the anthology, we’ll also hand over to you a check for $500.
Things to Keep in Mind When Submitting
- There is no cost to submit your film.
- We will be accepting digital files (uploaded private Vimeo and/or YouTube links are welcome).
- If your film is chosen, you will be required to provide an HD File.
- Films should be between 5 and 15 minutes long.
- By submitting your film, you must guarantee that it is your own fully licensed original work (i.e., music rights, etc.).
- By submitting your film, you will also guarantee that no laws were broken during the filming and making of it (i.e., no animals or people were jeopardized or harmed).
- Submissions will be accepted beginning April 21st through June 20th. Winners will be announced on Dread Central on June 15th.
- By submitting your film. you grant us the right to use any footage from the preview screener and all submitted publicity photos and any other materials sent to us pertaining to this entry for the project’s promotional purposes, without limitations.
- Check out terms and conditions BELOW for full contest rules.That’s it, kids! Get to it, and good luck!
VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Aim for the head in the comments section below!
Dreadcentral/Ruthless Pictures Zombieworld Short Film Competition Terms, Conditions and Contest RulesAny questions please write to: email@example.com
Definitions. Capitalized words used herein have the following meanings:
- “Company” means Ruthless Pictures, LLC (“Zombieworld” or “Dreadcentral”)
- “Entrant” means an individual who has validly registered to take part in the competition.
- “Film” or “short” means a film which an Entrant sends to the Zombieworld email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Terms and Conditions” means these Terms and Conditions.
In order to post a Film for the Zombieworld Director Competition, the following must be adhered to;
- Entrant must enter valid contact details.
- Entrant must accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- Entrant must first upload your short to Vimeo™ or Youtube™ and then link to the Official Zombieworld email address email@example.com.
- Entrant must not upload any film which contains third party copyrighted material unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must not upload any Film which contains branded segments unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must keep your Film between (5) minutes and (20) minutes in length.
- Entrant film should be full frame 16×9
- Entrant must make sure to have everybody who appears recognizably in your film execute a talent release form
- Entrant must make sure all music and songs are cleared for use within this competition by the appropriate parties.
- Entrant must be of legal age in the jurisdiction in which they live.
- At the Companies’ direction, entrant maybe asked to deliver a HD version to the Ruthless Pictures office.Entrant must note that your content may become the exclusive property in perpetuity of Ruthless Pictures, LLC, if Ruthless Pictures/Dreadcentral notifies you by email that you are a winner in the competition.
By uploading a Film, you agree that:
- The Company has the absolute right to review and reject at any time any short Film which Company deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, is unacceptable.
- You understand that Company is not required to give any reason for its determination that a Film is unacceptable.
- By uploading a Film, you are not transferring any rights of ownership in the Film to Company or any other third party.
- Members of the public may view Films posted to the Dreadcentral or Ruthless Pictures website
- After uploading a Film, you are not restricted in your use of the Film and may continue to exhibit it in other venues and online
- The eventual winners will be announced on May 21st, 2014 and his/her short will be included in the Zombieworld feature film.
- By uploading your Film, and in consideration for Company agreeing to accept your Film in this competition, you are granting Company an exclusive and irrevocable option to acquire all the rights in your Film should it win the competition. The Company may exercise its option at any time it chooses within 3 months of the end of the competition by notifying you by email. On exercise of the option and payment of a one-off payment of USD$100, the Company shall become the owner in perpetuity of your Film and shall be entitled (but not obligated) to include the Film in the Company’s production “Zombieworld”.
- Grand prize winner will receive $500 and have their film included in the Zombieworld feature film.
- If your Film is selected as the winner of the competition you agree to participate in reasonable publicity and promotional activities as required by Company and agree that the Company may publish your name and biographical information via the Company’s website and any other media. If your Film is included in the Company’s production “Zombieworld” you agree that the Company is entitled to publish your name, appearance, and biographical details in connection with the Film.
- If your Film is selected as one of the winners of the competition you agree, if required by the Company, to enter into a director agreement or similar in connection with your participation in the Company’s film on the usual terms and conditions applying to such agreements.
Your Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that you have the full right and authority to upload and send your Film to the Zombieworld email address firstname.lastname@example.org and that the posting of same will not violate any rights of any persons.Indemnity.
You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company harmless if Company incurs any loss, cost, or expense (including attorneys’ fees), due to any claim by you or any other parties relating to the submission of your film or the posting of your Film on the Dreadcentral official website.
All notices shall be in writing and shall be delivered by e-mail to each party’s last known email address.
These Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting notice thereof on its website. Upon posting, the amended Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein shall represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the United States of America.
It is possible that Films which you submit may be downloaded or copied by third parties without Company’s permission, and you waive any claim against the Company for such actions.
You agree to execute any and all documents and take any other actions reasonably required to effectuate the purposes of these Terms and Conditions. You grant us a power of attorney for such purposes (it being acknowledged that such appointment is irrevocable and coupled with an interest) with full power of substitution and delegation if you fail to do so within five (5) business days of our written request.
By clicking the “I Agree” check box and submitting the form above, you are “signing” these Terms and Conditions for all purposes under applicable law.Image Type 1: