Another pair of creative siblings has arrived on the indie scene: Michigan-based writer/director Steve Kopera and his LA-based actor/producer brother, Mike. Here’s the early word on their horror comedy The Cabining along with a look at the film’s official trailer.
M. Kopera, who plays “Todd,” co-stars with Bo Keister as “Bruce,” Angela Relucio, as “Mindy,” Luce Rains as “Jasper,” and Melissa Mars as “Celeste.”
Todd and Bruce, a hapless screenwriting team, get one last shot at success thanks to Todd’s wealthy stepdad, Serge. If they pen a worthy horror script, Serge will fund the entire project. But there is one condition: The script must be complete in two weeks.
With the deadline looming and no fresh ideas, Todd and Bruce head to Shangri-La, a serene artist’s retreat, with the hope that the peace and company of fellow artists will inspire greatness… or, failing greatness, at least enough for straight-to-DVD. Shangri-La proves to be anything but serene, as the artists die off one by one, seemingly by accident. Bruce convinces Todd to soak in this morbid atmosphere to help with the writing, but soon those two are fighting for their lives as well.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Beat off the dead in the comments section below!
- Jack Derwent I thought the film was great. I didn't get the impression that the film was misogynistic at all. Martyrs I could see the argument but in this film it was ultimately about the two sisters persevering...
- Twist Of Kane She received a paycheck for doing the new Halloween also. Let's not pretend she did it solely for the fans.
- One-Eye ROAD GAMES is great. Although it's no secret Curtis had a bad experience shooting in Australia, so I guess that colours her memory of the film.
- Christopher Parker Howard I'm curious what people found so scary, or even original about this film. It's a 2 hour family drama with 15 minutes of supernatural horror all at the end. There was some great disturbing imagery for...
- Andrew Lyall I love stuff like this, keep em coming!
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Cinepocalypse 2018: EMPATHY, INC. Review – Emotion And Mystery Come Together In This Reality
Cinepocalypse 2018: WOLFMAN’S GOT NARDS! Review – The Lasting Legacy of THE MONSTER SQUAD
Why Did Jamie Lee Curtis Return for HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION?
Carpenter Begins Scoring Blumhouse HALLOWEEN
AMC Renews THE TERROR For WWII-Set Second Season
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: ANOTHER WOLFCOP Cheers to…Abstinence?
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
News4 days ago
THE WITCHES Remake Snags One of the Biggest Directors of All-Time
News6 days ago
E3 2018: Sega Release Ultraviolent Trailer For FIST OF THE NORTH STAR: LOST PARADISE: US Version Will Contain Extra Gore
News5 days ago
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
News4 days ago
Exclusive: THE NIGHT EATS THE WORLD Trailer Brings Zombie Terror to Paris
News5 days ago
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
News2 days ago
Why Did Jamie Lee Curtis Return for HALLOWEEN II?
News3 days ago
Jon Bernthal’s Shane Returning to THE WALKING DEAD?
Editorials5 days ago
Why Horror Fans Should Be Excited About JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM