With The Host set to be released in theatres on March 29th, we have another featurette for you guys to check out that will help you decided which side you’ll be rooting for. We’re going with the aliens!
Open Road Films is releasing The Host, based on Stephenie Meyer’s novel, on March 29, 2013, in the US. Look for it in the UK on the same day from Entertainment Film Distributors. It was directed by Andrew Niccol, who also wrote the screenplay. It stars Saoirse Ronan, Diane Kruger, William Hurt, Jake Abel, Max Irons, Boyd Holbrook, and Frances Fisher.
The Host is a riveting story about the survival of love and the human spirit in a time of war. Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact. Most of humanity has succumbed.
When Melanie (Ronan), one of the few remaining “wild” humans, is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading “soul” who has been given Melanie’s body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too-vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn’t expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
When outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Wander into the comments section below!
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
THE FIRST PURGE Director On Bringing Real-Life Horror to the Series
Blumhouse’s UPGRADE Gets Claymation Poster Treatment
Bram Stoker’s SHADOWBUILDER w/ Rooker and Todd Hits Blu-ray in August
Fantasia 2018 Second Wave Films Include Blumhouse’s HURT
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Exclusive: Creepy Forest Monsters Gonna Creep in THE RAKE
Editorials3 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News2 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Hulu’s CASTLE ROCK Will Be Filled With Stephen King Easter Eggs
Drinking With the Dread4 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews3 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News2 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News4 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!