No, of course we aren’t lamenting the news of another fear flick hitting DVD shelves. Rather, we’re bringing the news of the UK DVD release of director James Bickert’s exploitation-laden Dear God No!, gearing up to smack you in the face on January 14, 2013, courtesy of Monster Pictures. Feast on the goodies here, and check out the VERY NSFW trailer!
Dear God No! is a tribute to a lost regional drive-in film from 1976 that doesn’t rely heavily on computer gimmicks and cuts to the core of what made these low-budget films shockingly fun. Shot entirely on SUPER 16MM Fuji film and using equipment from the era, Dear God No! is a drive-in and grindhouse lover’s dream. No pretty actors – just a rocking original soundtrack, bikers, babes, and blood and as many naked breasts as the script would allow.
Outlaw motorcycle gang The Impalers’ tri-state rape and murder spree ended in a bloody massacre with rival club Satan’s Own. The surviving members sought refuge in a secluded cabin deep in the North Georgia mountains. What first must have seemed like easy prey for a home invasion became a living nightmare of depravity and violence. A young innocent girl being held captive may hold the key to the twisted secrets locked in the basement and the killing machine feasting on human flesh in the forest outside.
Dear God No! will be released in a two-disc “Impaler Edition” sporting the following special features:
• All new Grindhouse Cut of the feature (UK Exclusive)
• Exclusive full colour booklet featuring the words of director James Bickert and graphic illustrator Tom Hodge, production stills, and more
• Audio Commentary with writer/director James Bickert and composer Richard Davis
• Audio Commentary with actors Jett Bryant, Madeline Brumby and Shane Morton
• UK theatrical trailer
• Red band trailer
• Behind-the-scenes gag reel
• Poster and stills slideshow
• Zombie Parody
• Torture Porn Parody
• Vlog the Magnificent at the Dear God No! World Premiere
• Easter Eggs
• Animated short featuring two of the characters from the film (UK Exclusive)
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Live your nightmares in the comments section below.