Producer James Wan’s live-action Mortal Kombat hits theaters and HBO Max in April. And today we hear there may be another animated movie in the works.
The Illuminerdi reports Warner Brothers is developing an animated project currently called, um, Mortal Kombat 3. They also has breakdowns of five key roles.
Check them out below.
- Kobra – Male – (25-35) – Fiery street fighter, standing voice is raspy.
- Kira– Female – (25-35) Troublesome, sadistic, cruel but level-headed. Mid to low register with scratchy and textured voice.
- Tremor – Male – (30-40) Looking for an African American voice to sound . Bold, weighty, strong voice, intimidating and burly.
- Kuai Liang – Male – (60-70’s) – Asian Male. A warrior who is now a pacifist. Seasoned, strong, and powerful voice.
- Kabal – Male – Ninja with a scarred face, immovable bad-ass, mid to low register.
This film could be connected to Wan’s film … or it might be a standalone project. I guess we’ll see soon. Either way, make sure to keep checking back with us here at Dread Central and we’ll pass along updates as we hear them. Stay tuned.
Warner Bros. Animation’s last Mortal Kombat animated motion picture was Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge. Joel McHale lead the voice cast as Johnny Cage with Jennifer Carpenter as Sonya Blade. It hit Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD last April. Check out the trailer HERE!
Are you up for more animated Mortal Kombat movies?