Vinegar Syndrome will unleash Don Coscarelli’s The Beastmaster on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray soon with a feature length making-of documentary, 40-page bound book, and a stunning new case designed by Earl Kess (which you can see below).
Coscarelli says: “I am happy to report that Vinegar Syndrome has embarked on a meticulous restoration of my film The Beastmaster that it has always deserved. Vinegar Syndrome has done commendable legwork and tracked down a pristine printing element, a high-quality Interpositive, in the Warner Bros. vaults. VS has also assembled a plethora of fascinating new supplemental materials that I cannot wait to share with fans. I am so excited that finally The Beastmaster will be released on 4k Ultra HD and Blu-ray in North America.”
- Region Free 4k Ultra HD / Blu-ray combo
- Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm interpositive
- 4k UHD presented in HDR
- Limited edition VSU magnet clasp hard case containing a Slipcover and a 40-page bound book
- Newly produced multi-part feature length making-of documentary
- Select extras ported over from previous DVD releases
- Additional extras to be announced
- Reversible Blu-ray sleeve cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles
Directed by Coscarelli (Phantasm) and starring Marc Singer, Rip Torn, Tanya Roberts, John Amos, and Rod Loomis, it tells the tale of Dar who is cursed by the wizard Maax when he’s a baby, to prevent him from rightfully ascending as the leader of his people. But the curse leaves him with a unique gift: the ability to telepathically communicate with all forms of animal life. When Maax wipes out his tribe, Dar begins a quest of vengeance, accompanied by his animal friends, to Maax and end his reign of terror and violence. Pre-order HERE.