The next in Dread Central’s ongoing series of virtual panels (aka “Dissecting Horror”) takes place this Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 at 7:30 PM PST/10:30 PM EST on our Facebook Page and Twitch Channel, as well as right here!
“Horrible Imaginings Film Festival 2020 Post Mortem: Digital Festivals and the Future of the Industry” will be a landmark live event, the first dissection of the effects of going digital, both for filmmakers and festival organizers.
The panel, which will be hosted by Dread Central’s own Marcos Codas, will feature an ensemble of award-winning guests from around the world, representing many areas of the film industry:
• Miguel Rodríguez, Director, Horrible Imaginings Film Festival,
• Sterling Anno, Operations Director, Horrible Imaginings Film Festival,
• Steve Villeneuve, Director, Hail to the Deadites (Canada),
• Martin Bruyère, Associate Producer, Hail to the Deadites (Canada),
• Goh Ming Siu, Director, Repossession (Singapore),
• Nicole Groton, Director, Darkness in Tenement 45 (USA), and
• Quinn Armstrong, Director, Survival Skills (USA).
The film industry in its entirety has had to adapt, much like the rest of the world, to the new reality in which we currently live. Film festivals, inherently personal experiences, have been hit the hardest. HIFF is one of the first festivals to adopt the virtual route to deliver their 2020 program. In this important discussion, guests will talk about the new logistic challenges that emerge when migrating to a virtual venue, the sustainability of digital festivals for organizers, the effect of digital vs. In-person for filmmakers looking to secure distribution, as well as how interacting with the audience through virtual means differs from the norm.
The panel will be free for everyone to attend and participate in, and the audience may submit questions for the guests to answer at any point during the stream.
The event is an unmissable opportunity for anyone interested in the film industry, but festival organizers and filmmakers, in particular, should join in on the conversation to glean information about the impact of the pandemic on this trademark experience.
“Horrible Imaginings Film Festival 2020 Post Mortem: Digital Festivals and the Future of the Industry”
TODAY: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 at 7:30 PM PST/10:30 PM EST
Where & How?
- Dread Central’s main site: https://www.dreadcentral.com,
- Dread Central’s Facebook page: http://facebook.com/dreadcentral, and
- Dread Central’s Twitch channel: http://twitch.tv/dreadcentral
Will you be tuning in for our “Horrible Imaginings Film Festival 2020 Post Mortem: Digital Festivals and the Future of the Industry” virtual panel later today? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.