Alrighty, kids! Time to get out your writing tools, whatever they may be, because we finally have a release date for a flick we’ve been talking about forever now: 388 Arletta Avenue! Read on for details and a new trailer courtesy of Tribeca Film!
Look for the film to be available nationwide On Demand beginning May 15th, 2012, or if you’re in Columbus, Ohio, it’ll also be opening theatrically this month at The Gateway Film Center.
Randall Cole (Real Time, 19 Months) directed the flick. Nick Stahl (Sin City, “Carnivale”, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Mirrors 2), Mia Kirshner (“The Vampire Diaries,” “The L Word,” The Black Dahlia), and Devon Sawa (Final Destination, Idle Hands) star; and Steve Hoban (Splice, Ginger Snaps) and Mark Smith (The Spine) produced.
Shot from the point of view of hidden cameras, the film follows a thirty-something couple, James and Amy Deakin, as they are secretly videotaped 24/7 by a mysterious stalker in their home, on the streets, and at their workplace. The stalker uses information gleaned from the footage to subtly manipulate the unsuspecting couple, and cracks in their relationship surface. When Amy suddenly vanishes, James is not sure whether she has been abducted or has simply left him. As the acts of the tormentor become more twisted and violent, James desperately tries to figure out who is behind the terror in order to save his wife. But it seems the stalker is always one move ahead…
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Spy on folks in the comments section below!
- Jack Derwent I thought the film was great. I didn't get the impression that the film was misogynistic at all. Martyrs I could see the argument but in this film it was ultimately about the two sisters persevering...
- Twist Of Kane She received a paycheck for doing the new Halloween also. Let's not pretend she did it solely for the fans.
- One-Eye ROAD GAMES is great. Although it's no secret Curtis had a bad experience shooting in Australia, so I guess that colours her memory of the film.
- Christopher Parker Howard I'm curious what people found so scary, or even original about this film. It's a 2 hour family drama with 15 minutes of supernatural horror all at the end. There was some great disturbing imagery for...
- Andrew Lyall I love stuff like this, keep em coming!
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Would Ricci Return for more ADDAMS FAMILY?
Blumhouse Will Make GET OUT 2 If Peele Returns
Will Fede Alvarez’s EVIL DEAD II Ever Happen?
LAKE PLACID: LEGACY Chomps Down on MPAA Rating
Cinepocalypse 2018: EMPATHY, INC. Review – Emotion And Mystery Come Together In This Reality
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: ANOTHER WOLFCOP Cheers to…Abstinence?
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
News5 days ago
THE WITCHES Remake Snags One of the Biggest Directors of All-Time
News3 days ago
Why Did Jamie Lee Curtis Return for HALLOWEEN II?
News6 days ago
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
News5 days ago
Exclusive: THE NIGHT EATS THE WORLD Trailer Brings Zombie Terror to Paris
News6 days ago
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
News4 days ago
Jon Bernthal’s Shane Returning to THE WALKING DEAD?
Editorials5 days ago
Why Horror Fans Should Be Excited About JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM
Reviews2 days ago
INCIDENT IN A GHOSTLAND Review – Cruel, Mean, and Ugly With Little to Offer