Synapse Films unleashes Jorge Grau’s zombie film The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue as a three-disc Steelbook Blu-ray/DVD/CD set on September 1st.
Limited to 6,000 copies, the release is newly restored in 4K from the original 35mm camera negative with the real opening and closing credit sequences intact.
Wes Benscoter designed the new Steelbook cover art. Check it out below.
- Two audio commentaries featuring film historians Troy Howarth, Nathaniel Thompson, and Bruce Holecheck
- Jorge Grau: Catalonia’s Cult Film King – Featuring-length documentary on director Jorge Grau (Blu-ray only)
- Interview with special effects artist Giannetto De Rossi (Blu-ray only)
- Giannetto De Rossi Q&A from the Festival of Fantastic Films (Blu-ray only)
- Theatrical trailer
- TV spots
- Radio spots
- Soundtrack CD composed by Giuliano Sorgini
- Booklet featuring writing by Spanish film scholar Dr. Nicholas Schlegel
- Mini-poster with artwork by Wes Benscoter
Also known as Let Sleeping Corpses Lie and Don’t Open the Window, The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue was written by Sandro Continenza and Marcello Coscia and stars Ray Lovelock, Cristina Galbó, and Arthur Kennedy.
The film centers on a strange twist of fate that brings two young travelers, George and Edna, to a small town where an experimental agricultural machine may be bringing the dead back to life! As zombies infest the area and attack the living, a bullheaded detective (Arthur Kennedy) thinks the couple are Satanists responsible for the local killings. George and Edna have to fight for their lives, and prove their innocence, as they try and stop the impending zombie apocalypse!