Last month Fangoria was able to confirm that Bruce Campbell was no longer attached to Bubba Nosferatu, but that doesn’t exactly mean it is dead in the water. In the article it is mentioned that filmmaker Don Coscarelli wants to recast the part of Elvis. A source that wishes to remain unnamed e-mailed with the information that the BN script had been sent to three actors: Kurt Russell (who has played the King before), Jeffery Combs and a mystery third person.
Sadly all three actors turned down the part. What does this mean for us fans? The project is once again dead. Damnit!
On the brighter side of things, the same source who brought us the BN info was also able to update us on the status of the fifth Phantasm film (“First Look at Phantasm V?” – July 2007). According to our anonymous friend, “As for Phantasm V… things are starting to heat up with Anchor Bay Entertainment (Starz now) meeting with Don quite a lot these days. You should find it suspect that franchise hero Reggie Bannister is linking to a Phantasm5.com site on his official webpage (reggiebannister.com). Might this mean something?“
Go balls-out in our Dread Central forums.
Want free stuff? Bring us new blood!
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
Rest in Peace: Director and Title Designer Richard Alan Greenberg Passes Away at 71
Popcorn Frights 2018: World Premiere of First English-Language Cuban Horror Film Leads the First Wave
Marketing Magic: John McTiernan’s PREDATOR
E3 2018: Massive Photo Gallery Recap
Dark Horse and Netflix Announce STRANGER THINGS Comic Books!
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials5 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News2 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News4 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
Reviews6 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News6 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!
News5 days ago
Sid Haig Celebrates HANUKKAH