16 Details You Probably Missed in the Trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 3
We didn’t get a new season of Stranger Things for Halloween, but we can look forward to a summer return for Netflix’s megahit horror/sci-fi series. Yesterday, we shared the first full trailer for Season 3, which hints at many new challenges in store. If you missed the trailer yesterday, you can check it out at the bottom of the article.
Now comes the time when uber-fans dissect the trailer frame-by-frame in an attempt to tease out any secrets hiding in the shadows. For help in this endeavor, our friends at Insider have released the video embedded at the top of the article: “All the Details You Missed In The Trailer For Stranger Things Season 3”! They may not have unearthed all of the riddles the trailer contains, but they certainly identified a bevy of nitty-gritty details.
If you can stream, or simply want to cut to the chase, you can read the details listed in Insider’s video below. Did you catch them all?
Returning Stranger Things cast members include: Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, David Harbour as Chief Jim Hopper, Finn Wolfhard as Mike Wheeler, Noah Schnapp as Will Byers, Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven, Caleb McLaughlin as Lucas Sinclair, Gaten Matarazzo as Dustin Henderson, Cara Buono as Karen Wheeler, Natalia Dyer as Nancy Wheeler, Charlie Heaton as Jonathan Byers, Joe Keery as Steve Harrington, Dacre Montgomery as Billy, and Sadie Sink as Max.
- Season 3 will take place in July of 1985, six months after the events of Stranger Things Season 2.
- Mötley Crüe’s “Home Sweet Home” plays on the boombox; the track was released in 1985.
- We get our first look at Cary Elwes as the Mayor of Hawkins, IN; his re-election sign looks a lot like Donald Trump’s design.
- We also get our first looks at Maya Hawke, who plays a high school student, and Jake Busey, who plays a reporter.
- Dustin attacks Lucas using the Farrah Fawcett hairspray Steve gave him in Season 2.
- Lucas’s sister Erika is in quite a few shots, hinting at a larger role for the character in Season 3.
- The Who’s “Baba O’Riley” plays for most of the trailer. While it’s not a song of the era, the refrain (“Teenage Wasteland”) describes the state of adolescence most of our main characters have now entered.
- All of the older kids have summer jobs, either at the mall or at The Hawkins Post.
- Billy is a lifeguard at the pool. An upcoming episode is titled “The Case of the Missing Lifeguard” so don’t get too attached to him.
- Much of Season 3 will probably take place at the “new” Starcourt Mall.
- A carnival called “The Fun Fair” will feature prominently.
- Eleven is still wearing the blue hair-tie/bracelet Hopper gave her in Season 2; she also appears to end up back in “The Upside-Down”.
- We see Eleven near a freezer of Ego Waffles, a running gag in Stranger Things.
- Eleven is wearing a yellow shirt by the blue sea. An earlier teaser included the phrase “When blue and yellow meet in the west”.
- We get a look at the new season’s monster and can begin to ponder which creature from Dungeons & Dragons it will be named after.
- A swarm of rats may imply an impending epidemic.
Did you catch all of these details from the trailer for Stranger Things Season 3? What are some other potential clues to what’s in store that you may have deciphered? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!