Wes Craven may be best loved for the Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream franchises, and most notorious for the unflinching brutality of The Last House on the Left, but genre fans of a certain age will always have a soft spot of the horror master’s campy, slimy adventure thriller, Swamp Thing! Now, UK fans of this cult classic will be able to pick up a stunning Blu-ray reissue via 88 Films.
“Released in 1982 to an appreciative cult following, Swamp Thing remains one of Craven’s most mesmerizing achievements – with a faithful DC-comic look and action-packed special effects. 88 Films is delighted to present Swamp Thing in a very special edition Blu-ray release that packs a pristine punch and highlights this creature feature classic in all of its bayou-tinged brilliance!”
Check out the synopsis, trailer, and special features for 88 Film’s Swamp Thing Blu-ray below.
On the verge of a breakthrough in his quest to wipe out world hunger, altruistic botanist Dr. Alec Holland (Ray Wise) is placed under the protection of special government agent Alice Cable (Adrienne Barbeau). Mad outlaw scientist Anton Arcane (Louis Jourdan) wants to steal Holland’s research for his own nefarious ends, but an unforeseen accident during the heist turns Holland into the Swamp Thing, an enormous plant-like creature that fights back against Arcane’s henchmen to save Cable.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and standard definition DVD presentations
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by director Wes Craven, moderated by Sean Clark
- ‘Swamp Screen: Designing DC’s Main Monster’ – an interview with Production designer Robb Wilson King
- ‘From Krug to Comics: How the Mainstream Shaped a Radical Genre Voice’ – interview with critic Kim Newman
- Original theatrical trailer
- Picture booklet
88 Film’s Blu-ray will be available beginning March 25th; you can pre-order your copy now, HERE.