Before we get to set our eyes on the new adaptation of Stephen King’s Pet Sematary (directed by Kevin Kölsch and Dennis Widmyer, hitting theaters on April 5th) Mary Lambert’s much loved 1989 iteration is getting a stunning reissue in 4K Ultra HD. Have a look at the nostalgic cover art for both the standard release and limited edition steelbook, plus the first confirmed special features below. After that, check out the film’s synopsis and trailer.
Look for the 4k reissue of Pet Sematary (starring Dale Midkiff, Denise Crosby, and Fred Gwynne) in online and brick and mortar retailers beginning March 26th.
Disc 1 – 4K ultra HD + special features:
- Fear and remembrance
- A look back at this classic with the cast and crew of 2019’s Pet Sematary
- Revisitation – new interview with Mary Lambert
- Director Mary Lambert shares memories of the movie
- 3 new behind the scenes image galleries
- Never before seen storyboards
- Commentary by director Mary Lambert
Disc 2 – Blu-ray + new and original special features:
- Stephen King Territory. The characters. Filming the Horror
Doctor Louis Creed (Dale Midkiff) moves his family to Maine, where he meets a friendly local named Jud Crandall (Fred Gwynne). After the Creeds’ cat is accidentally killed, Crandall advises Louis to bury it in the ground near the old pet cemetery. The cat returns to life, its personality changed for the worse. When Louis’ son, Gage (Miko Hughes), dies tragically, Louis decides to bury the boy’s body in the same ground despite the warnings of Crandall and Louis’ visions of a deceased patient.