We’re all in for a most frightening Blu-ray!
A few years back, fans of 1980s era horror and documentaries were treated to You’re So Cool Brewster: The Story of Fright Night. It was a definitive retrospective filled with over three hours of interviews, rare footage, and revelations. If you didn’t pick it up back in 2016, you can now add You’re So Cool Brewster to your collection as a special feature in Sony’s upcoming Blu-ray release of Fright Night.
It’s exciting news, also, because this is the first time Fright Night has been available on Blu-ray—at least in the US. DVD’s went out of print long ago and, even if you are lucky enough to find one, it won’t include anything remotely resembling a special feature. The Fright Night Blu-ray will hit online and brick and mortar retailers on February 12th, so consider picking up a copy for your horror-loving Valentine!
Check out trailers and synopses for both Fright Night and You’re So Cool Brewster below. You can check out the all special features at the bottom of the article!
Teenage Charley Brewster (William Ragsdale) is a horror-film junkie, so it’s no surprise that, when a reclusive new neighbor named Jerry Dandridge (Chris Sarandon) moves next-door, Brewster becomes convinced he is a vampire. It’s also no surprise when nobody believes him. However, after strange events begin to occur, Charlie has no choice but to turn to the only person who could possibly help: washed-up television vampire killer Peter Vincent (Roddy McDowall).
An extensive look at the making of Fright Night (1985) and Fright Night Part 2 (1988) featuring exclusive interviews with cast and crew members, rare photographs, behind-the-scenes footage and more.
- Audio commentary with writer/director Tom Holland and actors Chris Sarandon and Jonathan Stark, moderated by filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- Audio commentary with writer/director Tom Holland, actors William Ragsdale and Stephen Geoffreys, and special effects artist Randall Cook, moderated by journalist Jeremy Smith and filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- You’re So Cool, Brewster! The Story of Fright Night – 2016 documentary
- Tom Holland: Writing Horror featurette
- Rowdy McDowall: From Apes to Bats featurette
- Fright Night Reunion Panel at Fear Fest 2
- Shock Till You Drop presents Choice Cuts with writer-director Tom Holland and journalist Ryan Turek
- Vintage EPK with behind-the-scenes footage
- 2 trailers