AMC announced today that it has launched a new, immersive virtual reality app, AMC VR, which allows users to step into the worlds of AMC’s groundbreaking original series like “The Walking Dead,” “Into the Badlands,” and more. If you’re a fan of VR and/or “TWD,” read on for more info!
From the Press Release:
The AMC VR app, which is available now for iOS, Android, Gear VR, and Google Daydream, allows users to experience virtual scenarios such as becoming a walker from “The Walking Dead” or getting Hong Kong-style martial arts training from the “Into the Badlands” Fight Camp. Users will also be able to watch the latest AMC trailers and behind-the-scenes video in the AMC VR app’s Screening Room.
Additionally, timed to “The Walking Dead’s” 100th episode, AMC VR will debut an extended 360-degree bonus scene from the Season 8 premiere starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Seth Gilliam. Directed by series executive producer and special effects makeup supervisor Greg Nicotero, co-directed by Kevin Cornish, and produced by Moth + Flame, the extended scene will be available on the AMC VR app following the conclusion of the Season 8 premiere airing Sunday, October 22nd, at 9pm ET/PT on AMC.
“With the launch of AMC VR, we are pleased to bring shows like ‘The Walking Dead’ and ‘Into the Badlands’ to life in an immersive and experiential way,” said Mac McKean, EVP of Innovation and Product Development for AMC and SundanceTV. “Viewers want to enter the worlds they watch on AMC, and this app brings them there.”
Other content available on AMC VR includes:
“The Walking Dead” (Directed by Greg Nicotero)
· “Attacked Pt. 1: Trapped” – You’re trapped in an abandoned car. Can you last until help arrives?
· “Attacked Pt. 2: Surrounded” – The walkers are closing in now, and time is running out.
· “Attacked Pt. 3: Devoured” – Unfortunately, not everyone makes it out alive in this world.
· “Attacked Pt. 4: Herd” – You’re the walking dead. Join the herd.
“Into the Badlands”
· Virtual Reality Fight Camp: Immerse yourself in training camp as series stars Daniel Wu, Aramis Knight, and Ally Ioannides watch themselves practice a choreographed fight.
· Tilda on the Wire: Daniel Wu (Sunny) teaches Ally Ioannides (Tilda) how to use a dead body to her advantage for a Season 2 scene of “Into the Badlands.”
· “The Walking Dead” Season 8 Trailer
· Wrapping Up “Into the Badlands” Season 2
· Segment from “Ride With Norman Reedus”
Upcoming additions to the app include all-new experiences for “The Walking Dead,” “Into the Badlands,” AMC’s new original series “The Terror,” and more.