Will the upcoming Sharknado 5: Global Swarming be the finale for the franchise? I mean, once you go global, what’s next? Outer space? I guess only time will tell, but for now let’s take a trip a little closer to home… to merry ol’ London, where the cast and crew bring us a “behind-the-sharks” look at the upcoming film.
Sharknado is back and ready to make America bait again. Prepare for the storm to go international when Sharknado 5: Global Swarming premieres on August 6th at 8/7c, only on SYFY.
Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, a production of The Asylum, is directed by Anthony C. Ferrante based on an original screenplay by Scotty Mullen.
The mission gets personal for Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) and his bionic wife, April (Tara Reid), when their young son gets trapped in a traveling ‘nado and transported all over the world. From London to Rio, Tokyo, Rome, Amsterdam, and beyond, our globetrotting heroes will seek assistance from a highly-skilled squad of royals, scholars, and Olympians, enlisting famous faces from news, entertainment, and sports in their most epic battle yet.
Also reprising their roles from previous installments are Cassie Scerbo, Masiela Lusha, and Cody Linley.
Confirmed cameos include:
- Fabio (Model) as the Pope
- Tony Hawk (Professional Skateboarder) as a masterful weapons operative strategist
- Clay Aiken (Musician) as Llewelyn, a cutting edge technology genius
- Olivia Newton-John (Musician) and daughter Chloe Lattanzi as Orion and Electra, two brilliant scientists who help defend Australia from a looming Sharknado
- Bret Michaels (Musician) as a visiting artist that gets trapped in the storm
- Margaret Cho (Comedian) as a fussy bride whose honeymoon is interrupted by sharks
- Charo (Musician, Comedian) as The Queen of England
- Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian) as storm chaser Ron McDonald
- “Today” hosts Al Roker, Kathie Lee Gifford, and Hoda Kotb as themselves
- Olympic diving medalists Greg Louganis as Zico, a high-end art thief, and Tom Daley as himself
- Olympic freeskiing medalist Gus Kenworthy and NBC News investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen as themselves
- Porsha Williams (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”) as Andromeda, an archeologist and member of the elite “Sharknado Sisterhood”
- Tiffany “New York” Pollard (“Flavor of Love”) as Vega, a Brazilian black market artifacts dealer
- Chris Kattan (“Saturday Night Live”) as The Prime Minister of England
- Cat Greenleaf (“Talk Stoop”) and Dan Fogler (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”) as themselves
- Ross Mullan (“Game of Thrones” White Walker) as Dr. Wobbegon, a scientist who has made breakthroughs in meteorological studies to track Sharknado storms