NBC is set to debut its new supernatural series “Midnight, Texas” on Monday, July 24th, at 10:00 PM; and they’ve just released a few promos to keep the show on your radar. And if you’re heading to the San Diego Comic-Con next week, you can check out the “Midnight, Texas” panel on July 22nd from 4:00-5:15 PM in Room 6BCF.
In addition, SDCC guests and fans will be able to immerse themselves in the dark, thrilling world of “Midnight, Texas” via an unforgettable 4D experience, plus enjoy live tarot card readings, exclusive Snapcodes, a custom shareable photo opportunity, themed giveaways, and more at Gaslamp Square (between the Convention Center and Hard Rock Hotel) starting Thursday, July 20th, through Sunday, July 23th.
· Travel through the town of “Midnight, Texas” where “only outsiders fit in,” passing through some of the town’s iconic locations including: the Pawn Shop, Fiji’s house, Tattoo Parlor, Olivia’s Armory, and a pet cemetery.
· Tin Fish Gaslamp restaurant will become “Home Cooking,” the restaurant featured in “Midnight, Texas.” Fans will continue to be absorbed into the supernatural world with live tarot card readings set up inside the restaurant.
· A full-sensory experience in each part of town will immerse fans deeper into the world of “Midnight” as they continue their journey inside lead character Manfred’s house. Once inside, Manfred will expose guests to a thrilling 4D experience.
· Fans won’t leave town before capturing a shareable motion graphic photo that brands them as “outsiders,” just like the memorable residents of “Midnight, Texas.”
· Attendees can interact with hidden Snapcodes that unlock exclusive custom videos, content pieces, and games to enhance their “Midnight, Texas” experiences while visiting Gaslamp Square during Comic-Con.
· NBC will also have four Snapchat filters that are timed out throughout Saturday and Sunday as fans visit the outdoor activation.
About “Midnight, Texas”:
Welcome to a place where being normal is really quite strange…
From Niels Arden Oplev, the visionary director of “Mr. Robot,” and based on the hit book series from Charlaine Harris, the author behind HBO’s “True Blood,” comes a journey into a remote Texas town where no one is who they seem. From vampires and witches to psychics and hit men, Midnight is a mysterious safe haven for those who are different. As the town members fight off outside pressures from rowdy biker gangs, ever-suspicious cops, and their own dangerous pasts, they band together and form a strong and unlikely family.
Monica Owusu-Breen serves as writer and executive producer. David Janollari and director Niels Arden Oplev also executive produce. “Midnight, Texas” is produced by Universal Television and David Janollari Entertainment.
“Midnight, Texas” Episode 1.01 – “Pilot” (airs 7/24/17)
SERIES PREMIERE — Manfred Bernardo (François Arnaud), a powerful psychic on the run, decides to hide out in the small, sleepy town of Midnight, Texas. But when he’s haunted by the ghost of a recently murdered Midnighter, Manfred discovers this sleepy community is a mysterious safe haven for outsiders with secrets – both supernatural and human – including Lemuel (Peter Mensah), an energy-leeching vampire; Olivia (Arielle Kebbel), a beautiful assassin; Fiji (Parisa Fitz-Henley), a witch with a cranky cat; Creek (Sarah Ramos), a spunky writer with big dreams; Bobo (Dylan Bruce), a pawnshop owner with a hidden past; the Rev (Yul Vazquez), who has an obsession for animals; and Joe (Jason Lewis), an angelic tattoo artist.
In addition to the colorful residents, Manfred learns the town itself sits on a veil between the living and dead. He pledges to join the Midnighters in the fight to protect their home from suspicious cops and other outside forces.