Exclusive Crimson Peak Clip Is Physically There
The Blu-ray and DVD release of Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak (review) will be here tomorrow, and to celebrate its arrival, we have an exclusive clip for you! Dig it!
Crimson Peak Release Details:
A sheltered young woman abandons the safe certainty of her upbringing for life with an alluring aristocrat on a remote English estate in Crimson Peak, a visually stunning and intensely disturbing thriller from writer and director Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth, Hellboy), coming to Digital HD on January 26, 2016, and Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, and On Demand on February 9, 2016, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and Legendary Pictures.
Brilliantly unforgettable visuals and an atmosphere steeped in dread make Crimson Peak an elegant, gorgeously realized, and completely original horror mystery that has been declared “a masterpiece” by Fox-TV. The Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with more than an hour of bonus features that reveal some of the terrifying secrets hidden behind the doors of sinister Allerdale Hall.
From the imagination of director Guillermo del Toro comes a terrifying Gothic romance masterpiece starring Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers, Thor series), Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty, The Help), Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland, Stoker), and Charlie Hunnam (Pacific Rim, FX’s “Sons of Anarchy”).
When her heart is stolen by a seductive stranger, a young woman is swept away to a house atop a mountain of blood-red clay— a place filled with secrets that will haunt her forever. Between desire and darkness, between mystery and madness, lies the truth behind Crimson Peak. From the imagination of director Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth) comes a terrifying, Gothic romance masterpiece starring Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska, and Charlie Hunnam.
Special Features Exclusively on Blu-ray:
- I Remember Crimson Peak: A series of interviews with director Guillermo del Toro and his standout cast: Mia Wasikowska, Tom Hiddleston, and Jessica Chastain.
- A Living Thing: An army of artisans was amassed to construct the Sharpe mansion on North America’s largest soundstage. Witness first-hand and in great detail the construction of Del Toro’s most elaborate set to date.
- A Primer on Gothic Romance: Employing his encyclopedic knowledge and passion for the genre, Guillermo del Toro traces the lineage of Gothic romance in cinema. Using Crimson Peak as the basis, Del Toro outlines the history of cinematic terror and illuminates the differences between traditional scares and elevated horror.
- Crimson Phantoms: Del Toro’s approach to make-up effects is discussed by award-winning effects house DDT. In this piece they offer an exclusive look inside their workshop, where they deconstruct the creation of the film’s most disturbing prosthetic effects. The discussion delves into the mythology of these elegant creatures and how Del Toro’s belief in the supernatural informed the design and narrative of the ghosts.
- Hand Tailored Gothic: Costume designer Kate Hawley unravels her collaboration with Del Toro and reveals the symbolism constantly at play in the wardrobe’s design.
Blu-ray and DVD Special Features:
- Deleted Scenes
- The Light and Dark of Crimson Peak offers a stylized turn of the century with carefully crafted visuals that provide the perfect backdrop for Del Toro’s brand of psychological horror. Follow the phases of production to discover a booming America and a dark and removed England portrayed with a multi-layered sophistication unlike any seen in recent cinema.
- Beware of Crimson Peak: Tom Hiddleston (Sir Thomas Sharpe) offers a walking tour of the many secret spaces in Allerdale Hall.
- Feature Commentary with co-writer and director Guillermo Del Toro