Dark Delicacies and Etheria Hosting Celebrity Charity Signing for Women in Horror Month 2016
We recently told you about the upcoming Etheria Toronto, an evening of new genre films from emerging women directors; and a week after that, Etheria Film Night joins forces with Dark Delicacies in Burbank, CA, for an afternoon celebrity charity signing event to benefit Reel Grrls and Celeste Yarnall.
You can learn more below and on the Facebook Event Page.
From the Press Release:
On February 27, 2016, collect the signatures of amazing women working behind the scenes in horror films. Female directors, producers, cinematographers, screenwriters, and more are an integral part of horror history and have contributed so much to our beloved genre. Come celebrate these women and their accomplishments by having your DVD or poster signed, purchasing one of their autographed photos, and having your own photo snapped with them.
All of the autograph proceeds of this event will go to benefit charity. Reel Grrls empowers young women from diverse communities to realize their power, talent, and influence through media production. We will also be raising funds for Celeste Yarnall, star of Beast of Blood (1970) and The Velvet Vampire (1971), who is currently undergoing treatment for stage 3 ovarian cancer that is not covered by her medical insurance. You can learn more about Celeste and her health crisis at STYD. We’ll have signed DVDs and photos from Celeste, as well as DVDs, comic books, and other materials available from all of our celebrities.
Join us for this awesome event hosted by Dark Delicacies bookstore and Etheria Film Night. Help us to help other women in the horror community by supporting Celeste Yarnall, one of our own women in horror, and celebrate Women in Horror Month 2016 by attending!
When: Saturday, February 27, 2016 / 2:00-5:00 PM
Where: Dark Delicacies
3512 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
Confirmed to Attend:
- Sandy King Carpenter is an artist, writer, film producer, and the president of Storm King Productions. She produced the horror films Prince of Darkness (1987), They Live (1988), Body Bags (1993), In the Mouth of Madness (1994), Village of the Damned (1995), Ghosts of Mars (2001), Vampires (2002), and Vampires: Los Muertos (2002). Her comic books include John Carpenter’s Asylum and John Carpenter’s Tales for a HalloweeNight
- Rae Dawn Chong has appeared in numerous cult genre films and TV series, such as Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990), but she is also a horror film director. Her short horror comedy film Cursed Part 3 (2000) launched the career of movie star Chris Pratt and parodies the business of making horror films.
- Jackie Kong is the director of the cult horror films The Being (1983) and Blood Diner (1987). She is embarking on the next phase of her directing career, with several new genre projects in the pipeline.
- Jace Anderson is the prolific co-screenwriter of over one dozen horror and thriller feature films including the remake of Night of the Demons (2009) and Dario Argento’s Mother of Tears (2007).
- Rena Riffel is known for her eclectic roles in cult films such as Showgirls (1995) and Mulholland Drive (2001) but is also an independent filmmaker. Her films as director include the tongue-in-cheek sequel Showgirls 2: Penny’s From Heaven (2011), Trasharella (2009), and Astrid (2015).
- Jennifer Blanc is a director and producer, spearheading a slate of new horror films through her company Blanc/Biehn Productions. Her recent films as director are the horror/sci-fi The Night Visitor (2013) and the horror/thriller The Girl (2014), and she has produced over 22 features in the last five years including The Victim (2011) and Among Friends (2012).
- Deborah Brock wrote and directed the sequel Slumber Party Massacre II (1987), of the iconic slasher trilogy, as well as the cult sequel Rock and Roll High School Forever (1991). Her new sci-fi horror comic Spoilerland (Issue #1) has just been released from Emet Comics.
- Kristina Klebe is a familiar face in modern horror films, from Rob Zombie’s Halloween (2007) to last year’s Tales of Halloween (2015). She’s also a budding director, with several gruesome short films: Daddy’s Little Girl (2012) and As Human As Animal (2011, starring Diamond Dallas Page).
- And more to be announced!