Top 5 Things to Know about Hemlock Grove Season 3 – The Final Chapter
Season 3 of Netflix’s “Hemlock Grove” – the show’s “Final Chapter” – kicks off tomorrow so we thought now would be a perfect time to share the Top 5 things you should know about it.
All will be revealed when all ten (10) episodes of the finale season premiere on Friday, October 23, 2015, at 12:01 am PT exclusively on Netflix.
1. Favorite characters are back... Olivia (Famke Janssen), Roman (Bill Skarsgård), Peter (Landon Liboiron), Shelley (Madeleine Martin), Dr. Pryce (Joel de la Fuente), and the rest of the gang return for their final arcs.
2. “Crazy” doesn’t even begin to describe this season… “Hemlock Grove” fans are used to over-the-top storylines, and Season 3 is no exception. “We really got to pull out all the stops,” teases executive producer and showrunner Charles “Chic” Eglee. “It’s no holds barred; we did it all.”
3. Yes, this is really the end… Unlike some other series, this one won’t leave fans hanging. Says executive producer Eli Roth: “We’re going to wrap up the story, and it’s going to be messy – not in terms of story, but in terms of gory.”
4. Fans and critics impacted the show’s special effects… Eglee credits observant viewers and TV writers with the crew’s decision to amplify the effects in Seasons 2 and 3. “We started melding practical visual effects with computer animation,” he says. “It sort of scrambled people’s radar a little bit. They’d look at it and go, ‘Wait a minute. How’d you do that?’”
5. Fake blood fact… It’s not as simple as it looks. “There are actually many types of (stage) blood, depending on the scene you’re shooting,” Roth explains. “Some blood is mouth blood, and it tastes sweet and looks great on your lips. Other blood is for clothes and skin. And then there’s blood that looks great on metal. There’s nothing worse than stabbing someone with a butcher’s knife and it looks like they dipped it in bright pink molasses.”
Eli Roth and Charles (“Chic”) Eglee serve as executive producers alongside Brian McGreevy, Lee Shipman, Eric Newman, and Michael Connolly. “Hemlock Grove” is produced by Gaumont International Television for Netflix.
About “Hemlock Grove: The Final Chapter”:
“Hemlock Grove” comes to a riveting and deliciously disturbing conclusion. As the town’s grim secrets continue to unravel at an alarming pace, Olivia (Famke Janssen), Roman (Bill Skarsgård), Peter (Landon Liboiron), and Shelley (Madeleine Martin) are introduced to mysterious new people while facing dangerous and unexpected obstacles. As enemies both foreign and familial close in, Peter and Roman learn that in order to prevent the “end of days,” they will both need to sacrifice their humanity and release their true inner monsters.